cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay made .67 vs expected .66 a share on a Revenue of $2.6 Billion this quarter..How much you make?

Their stock is up over $9 US a share (30.6%) this year! Hope you kept up with the house and made a profit too!...

Or would you have done better to have just bought as much EBAY stock you could afford instead of all that rigamarole of selling on eBay...???

Hmmm....

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay made .67 vs expected .66 a share on a Revenue of $2.6 Billion this quarter..How much you make?

Generally speaking I don't care how much money my customers make off me as long as I make enough money to make me happy.  That being said how is their stock price going up?  Usually it drops this time of year.  Also with all the people complaining about low sales which are totally our fault and not eBay's site issues 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Why aren't their stock prices dropping?  I don't understand the stock market.  I think it involves some pagan rituals and sacrifices to out lord helix right?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay's PE ratio is over 17 times earnings.  That's inflated.

And it may be up 30% but it's still well below it's 52 week high.  

Don't look for mismanaged payments to give it a boost.  Quite the opposite in fact.

I would short this stock until it comes down to where it belongs.  Cut the PE ratio by 75% and then it's a buy - maybe.  With a detailed understanding of the management's policies and attitudes towards their own customers (the sellers), I would not consider Ebay as a buy and hold investment.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If their PE goes down 75% that will be on the way to closing their doors!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No...  It would make it a reasonable investment.

Again though, even with a PE ratio where it should be, I would not buy and hold Ebay long term.  I don't think they will ever succeed in becoming like another Amazon.  You can't burn all your bridges with your customers (the sellers) and then expect to grow as a business.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

EBay said active buyers grew 4%

Gross merchandise volume, fell 4%

??

Message 6 of 6
latest reply