cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is dead. Long live eBay.

I've been here for 25 years. When you offer something for sale on eBay today and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I don't think eBay offers listings with audio.  At least, I've never heard one.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Ebay has been dying since 1995 

If you think it's bad on Ebay you should check about the Amazon and Etsy Seller forums. 

The Amazon seller forums are especially entertaining.   

They are also full of sellers whining about slow sales, high fees, bad customer service support, site issues,  "forced" to pay to play, holding funds, scammy buyers abusing returns, arbitrarily removing listings, account restrictions, being sued by somebody, merchandise lost in the FBA warehouse, smaller sellers being screwed in favour of the big boys. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

It might make a whimper?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Long live E-commerce. Maybe not for too long.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Ebay must be a zombie.

Although dead, they keep depositing money into my bank account every day.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@tools* wrote:

I've been here for 25 years. When you offer something for sale on eBay today and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

The sound of one hand clapping.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

To me it is just a more competitive market place. Many more on line merchants than there was back in 1995. You either find a way to adapt or give up.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Actually has been a very good month so far for me. Not dead for me. Maybe you sold the wrong junk.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

You do very well with stamps.  I have several GB presentation packs & UK stamps but see the packs do not sell well in North America.  Over 7,000 completed sales while less than 400 are in N.A.  I want to get them moving!  Do not feel any confidence on eBay with them.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

eBay is like a pet dog who suffers in silence except the dog is lovable & we give it sympathy.  eBay - NO!   lol  We have to be the voice for the dog; much like when we come into the community & present our voice!   lol

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I still do very well here with stamps. Everything else has tanked, on other venues too. Everyone is selling online now, a few years back we had MUCH less competition. It's a marketplace shift, not just ebay.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@kenneth686321 wrote:

...also full of sellers whining about slow sales, high fees, bad customer service support, site issues,  "forced" to pay to play, holding funds, scammy buyers abusing returns, arbitrarily removing listings, account restrictions, being sued by somebody, merchandise lost in the FBA warehouse, smaller sellers being screwed in favour of the big boys. 

Makes me want to quit my nice paying job part time job with flexible start and leave times, pay guarantee, full health Insurance, 401K matching, profit sharing, and annuity pension and go back to selling full time on ebay... hehe... Jobs like these were readily available before online sellers started bailing by the boat load due to EVERYTHING mentioned above and a lot more - Probably not so much anymore, but SURELY much better than whats happening here - I saw what was coming with the advent of Promoted Listings and the maturing of the MBG... how could you miss it?... made the decision to jump ship before the ship really started coming apart.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

When you offer something for sale on eBay today and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

You can hear the seller whine on this forum.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Actually has been a very good month so far for me. Not dead for me. Maybe you sold the wrong junk.

Wow with all those $1.98 sales with Free Shipping you are really rocking it. Maybe you should go lick a stamp and stop licking frogs that make you high.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply