cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay forcing me to accept return that arrived damaged and shipped through GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

2nd round on another Global Shipping Program related transaction.

DOA item, buyer opens return request for damaged item.

Item is an Expensive and delicate Video Card that arrived damaged, not physically damaged but malfunctioning. 

After "reviewing" the return request and the evidence provided by buyer.

eBay agents determine that the photos do not show damage and that they won't be covering this transaction under seller protection on the Global Shipping Program.

And I am being forced to accept the return and provide a return shipping label to the buyer.

No where in their Global shipping program statements does it say anything like "damaged item is subject to agents interpretation"

The following is a copy paste from eBays .

Benefits of the Global Shipping Program

Besides making your items available worldwide, there are a number of benefits to using the Global Shipping Program:

• If an item is lost or broken during international shipping, eBay Money Back Guarantee cases will be resolved in your favour, and your seller performance standards won't be affected
  • When you provide free domestic shipping to the shipping center, you'll automatically receive 5 stars for shipping costs in your detailed seller rating
    • If you charge for domestic shipping to the shipping center but receive a rating below 5 stars for shipping costs, it won't count against your seller performance standards
  • You'll automatically receive 5 stars for shipping time in your detailed seller rating when you ship with same business day or 1 business day handling, upload tracking information within 1 business day of receiving payment, and deliver the item to the US shipping center within 4 business days
  • Any negative or neutral feedback that can be attributed to the Global Shipping Program from item handling during international transit will be removed."

Anyway, just another day where a seller gets screwed by eBay, nothing new here. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay forcing me to accept return that arrived damaged and shipped through GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

That must be old as 'Stars' haven't mattered for years.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It sounds like they would have covered you if it looked like it was damaged in shipping but it doesn't look damaged.

That makes sense to me in that situation. I don't think any shipping insurance would cover that either.

Did the buyer say the shipping box was damaged or anything?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@technoshoptotalwireless wrote:

2nd round on another Global Shipping Program related transaction.

DOA item, buyer opens return request for damaged item.

Item is an Expensive and delicate Video Card that arrived damaged, not physically damaged but malfunctioning. 

If the item is malfunctioning on arrival why are you questioning a return request?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Like any other Money Back Guarantee case, eBay has no idea what you shipped or what the buyer received. 

If eBay found in favor of sellers who claimed that malfunctioning electronics were a result of damage during shipping, then unscrupulous sellers everywhere would be advertising their malfunctioning electronics as working and then claiming shipping damage. 

What is happening to you does not surprise me in the least. It has been the norm on eBay since 2008 when the Money Back Guarantee was introduced. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

What happens if the item arrives back to you with obvious damaged from Global Shipping Program?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The buyer provided photos, And shipping box shows damage to some extend, but not damaged enough according to eBay rep... 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Too bad for me, it seems.. by eBay standards

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I received a shipment which had been repacked by the GSP. There was a letter enclosed saying that they had investigated it (for place of origin) and repacked it.

This is a Standard Practice in the shipping industry. Canada Post does it, USPS does it, FedEx does it.

Ask that the buyer also return that letter, as you will need it for your insurance claim.

Expect the claim to disappear.

But if there is no such letter, GSP has nothing to do with the performance  of the item.

That's on you, since we sellers are still reponsible for the quality of the goods we sell.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply