cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay finds a new way to hide your listings - the FREE RETURNS filter!

eBay:

"We are going to create a filter that allows buyers to look at only those products that have free returns, and only those products that have returns.

"We think that's a great way of delivering on a new kind of buyer expectation. ...

"Our sellers then have an opportunity to get highlighted by offering that kind of advanced and enhanced return policy."

So new today from eBayclosed is the revelation that the  in charge have found a NEW WAY to hide/demote your listings if you REFUSE to play ball with them on their new hairbrained idea on FREE SHIPPING.

Of course it condradicts the "with out you theres no us" line that they repeat ad nauseum, and of course the constant crowing about how "we are you PARTNER".

No one of course calls them on it, but the very fact that people like TWICE (who just ran a top 100 ecommerce sellers list) and IGNORED eBay yet again speaks VOLUMES.

MAYBE (but I doubt it) some attending the steamy Vegas meeting will ask the head  about a NEW SELLER EXPERIENCE - one that doesnt revolve around stealing from your sellers, abusing them or hidding their listings .... but I doubt it.

We ALL know its the emporers new clothes ... sad day that this is the BEST eBay can think of in 2017!

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: eBay finds a new way to hide your listings - the FREE RETURNS filter!

I switched over to "Free Returns" about 6 weeks ago and now if you search my listings and then select the "Free Returns" filter my listings disappear. So even though I offer "Free Returns" I still get excluded when someone uses the "Free Returns" filter. Also in the search list results my items do not indicate that I offer "Free Returns" only "Free Shipping" shows up and Fast N Free has also disappeared. So basically I do as Ebay says and offer Free Returns and they punish me by not showing it on my listings in search and actually removing my listings from search results when a buyer selects the "Free Returns" filter. Raised the issue to 3 separate managers over the past 2 weeks and nobody is doing anything!!! I noticed it appears to be working for one of the major sellers in my category, but he subscribes to have a store, go figure. I guess if you don't sign up for every extra feature tht ebay can charge you for they will punish you one way or the other.
Message 61 of 62
latest reply

Re: eBay finds a new way to hide your listings - the FREE RETURNS filter!

@luckythewinner wrote:

Everything that filters a list will hide listings. That is pretty much the definition of a filter.

Buyers can already filter by:

• title
  • category
  • listing format
  • condition
  • price
  • distance
  • item location
  • category special attributes
  • accepts paypal
  • listed as a lot
  • accepts best offer
  • items on sale
  • items for charity
  • returns accepted

And if there are enough matches, any search will filter out any items past the first 10,000.

So I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over a couple more filters.

True, except sellers from China. Buyers can`t seem to filter that one.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 62 of 62
latest reply