cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fee potential for a dropship business

Hello! I would like to use a dropship auto-populate business for selling on eBay. In a nutshell, you pay the dropship business a monthly fee, and they push listings you control to eBay to sell. If I was to list say 500 items, what kind of costs could I expect? What type of eBay store or fee structure would be best bang for my buck?

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You can most likely expect to lose your shirt.  Fees would be the least of your worries.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you have not sold before, most don't recommend jumping right into a store.

You need to familiarize yourself with ebay policies and procedures and get some experience first. I understand you want to have your items drop shipped.  The expense of a store may not be justified right off the bat.

Having said that, many say that drop shipping is not a good idea; if the drop shipper fails to fulfill your order, you are the one whose account will suffer.  

You might want to research to see if the products you plan to offer are already offered here, either by the company you plan to go through itself or by many other sellers.  

Others will probably be along soon to provide more input.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you are unable to locate the Site Map, Help & Contact  & the Seller Information Center on any page then you will struggle to run any type of business...imho.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

With 500 listings per month you would need a Premium store.  That is $74.95/month, $59.95/mo if you pay a year up front. That price does not include final value fees. You could get by with a Basic store if you put 250 of your items up for auction, as long as they are in collectibles or fashion categories.

But what are your selling limits? Having a store doesn't change those.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@karespive-9 wrote:

Hello! I would like to use a dropship auto-populate business for selling on eBay. In a nutshell, you pay the dropship business a monthly fee, and they push listings you control to eBay to sell.

So let me get this straight .... 

• You start an ebay account
  • the drop-shipper does all the work
  • you st back and collect money 

The obvious question is - why doesn;t the drop-shipper just do it themselves?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm begging you please vet Drop Shipping Company! There have been many many reselling scams on here where are the seller gets left holding the bag the drops open company gets the money and the seller is totally hosed
Message 7 of 7
latest reply