cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Store Social Sharing - can't share to Instagram

I connected my Facebook and Instagram pages to my eBay store, and have been able to share listings, categories, etc., on Facebook.

If I try sharing to Instagram, though, I get a message that the listing images are not the correct size/format/something for Instagram. 

Anyone know what the requirement is to make this work?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

hiya,

i have the same issue. it's ridiculous as i'm using an iphone for both ebay and insta. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

How to resize a photo for Instagram on iPhone 

If you use an iPhone as your primary camera, you can prepare your shots for Instagram using the built-in editor in the Photos app. Here’s how to resize a picture for Instagram: 

1. Open the Photos app. 
  2. Find a photo you want to resize and tap Edit. 
  3. Tap the crop icon and then the rectangular icon in the lower right corner. 
  4. Choose the aspect ratio you need (square, 4:5, or 9:16).
  5. Adjust the photo and tap Done. 

shuggiescave_0-1699985932141.png

To revert the photo to its original size, go back into the Edit mode, tap Revert, and then Revert to Original. 

Many third-party Instagram photo editors also have cropping tools that are geared towards the size requirements of the Gram.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@jpwest13 ,   Can you tell me how that works with your FB page?  
You make an eBay listing and it shows up as a post on your page?
Can ya pm your fb page so I can see?  
(or does it work differently than that?)
  Nevermind, I found it.  That's pretty cool!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

in theory, i imagine when taking pictures of stock you would need to single out items for cross posting from ebay to insta and use the above editing method on these pictures specifically.

Then when cross posting to insta from ebay it should process perfectly.

i've not tried this yet but does seem like a viable solution without involving any 3rd party apps

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You're right, eBay's social media sharing can be a bit finicky! Here's what you need to know about sharing listings to Instagram from your eBay store:

Instagram image requirements:

Aspect ratio: Square (1:1) or vertical (4:5) are recommended. Horizontal ratios tend to get cropped on Instagram.

Minimum resolution: 600 x 600 pixels for square images, 1080 x 1350 pixels for vertical images.

File format: JPEG or PNG (GIFs and HEIC/HEIF are not supported).

File size: Maximum of 32 MB.

Troubleshooting tips:

Check your listing images: Ensure they meet the size and format requirements listed above.

Try reconnecting your accounts: Disconnect and reconnect your Facebook and Instagram accounts to eBay to refresh the connection.

Clear caches and cookies: Clear your web browser's cache and cookies, then try sharing again.

Use the eBay app: Try sharing your listing directly from the eBay app instead of the website.

Report the issue: If you're still experiencing problems, contact eBay support and report the issue.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@davidmit_62 

Instagram is not offered on a sellers Ebay listing page.  These are the following social media links that eBay provides when you hit the share link at the top right hand page:

Messenger (FB)

Whats app

Facebook 

Twitter

Reddit 

Linkedin

email

Pinterest

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ckimodog  I believe the OP is using the Social Media Tool found in Seller Hub under either Store or Marketing tabs. This is designed so you can link your ebay store to three social media sites: Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. (with, we've been told, more sites to come eventually). 

Meta owns both Facebook and Instagram, and I'm pretty sure you can use FB to link with your IG account, so if you can't get ebay to post to IG, you ought to be able to use it to post to FB, and then use FB to IG. 

I'm not sure, but I think the OP might be running into an ebay glitch, rather than an actual IG problem.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Wrote: I'm not sure, but I think the OP might be running into an ebay glitch, rather than an actual IG problem.

Not surprising at all. lol

Have a great weekend!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply