cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Star Color & Fees

I have a red star, would making it to green make a difference really?  Lesser fees, more visibility? Is it worth trying to push towards a green or does it make little/no difference? Thansk for your Feedback. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

eBay Star Color & Fees

@mintacular  As far as I know, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. There are some advantages to becoming a "Top Rated Seller", but the star thing itself...that makes no difference.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

You have 21 active listings.

Number of feedback will not make a difference. Number of listings (with in-demand product) will.

If you're straight up asking about FB the answer to your OP is no.

If you're round-about asking how to increase visibility and sales that answer is more complex, but what I posted above is a starting point.

Next FB star color comes at 5K. With 57 sales in the last 90 days and the low percentage of buyers that leave FB, you have a long ways to go to the next star color. But like I said, won't make a difference in visibility so really doesn't matter how long it takes you to reach 5K.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

Actually, the better you get, the worse it is.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

As far as visibility goes I think a red star is easier to see. Rumor has it that people who drive red cards get more speeding tickets because cops notice red cars more.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

Yes it will make a huge difference.

Green is a much prettier color than red.

I'm sure it would increase sales.   😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

@mintacular wrote:

I have a red star, would making it to green make a difference really? 

No, makes no difference since your seller performance isn’t based on the amount of your feedback nor the Star color.

Lesser fees, more visibility?

No you can get a discount on fvf when you are TopRated Plus. For that you need to offer free returns and have a handling time of 1 day.  

Is it worth trying to push towards a green or does it make little/no difference?

Makes no difference at all. 

Thansk for your Feedback. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

There are different colored stars? Good Lord, I never noticed that! LOL

I guess that wasn't top priority in my world.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

@meekamaye wrote:

There are different colored stars? Good Lord, I never noticed that! LOL

I guess that wasn't top priority in my world.

Or your world is grey and you're colorblind. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

Thanks everybody, doesn't sound like it makes a hill of beans what color your star is

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

@mintacular wrote:

I have a red star, would making it to green make a difference really?  Lesser fees, more visibility? Is it worth trying to push towards a green or does it make little/no difference? Thansk for your Feedback. 

Every minute spent worrying about your eBay star color is a minute wasted that you will never get back. 

That star color has nothing to do with fees or visibility, it is a little ego stroke for the few sellers that even notice it. 

I doubt very many buyers understand or care what a seller's star color even means. I've been here 20 years and I don't have a clue. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

I have what I guess is a yellow or gold star. Been here for 21+ years. I don't see a difference in my views, sales, or offers just because of the color of my star.

Maybe I get a price break somewhere. I don't really know. I can't keep up with all of eBay's selling scenarios. 

I know I will not entertain promoted listings. Confusing, more time taken from life me to manage, less money made to pay the bills. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

I have what I guess is a yellow or gold star.

You have a "yellow shooting star" according to eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/seller-ratings?id=4023

without going to my selling account and logging in, I couldn't tell you what color star or FB number I have. It's not something I pay much attention to.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

eBay Star Color & Fees

I have bought easily over 1,000 items on Ebay. Out of all those items I have never once looked at a seller star or badge. Buyers do not care about that. The only thing you need to concern yourself with is your feedback percent.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply