cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Sending Messages Baseball Card is Counterfeit But Is A Legit Reprint

Any other sports cards sellers getting messages from eBay's review team stating because the card is counterfeit, they shut the auction down?  The card is not a "counterfeit" but a legit "reprint". This is the second time they have done this. The first time the reprint was produced by The Topps Company, the biggest producer of baseball cards! How can you have a review team, who has no knowledge of sports cards, "ASSUME" the card is counterfeit? I had a go around even with the supervisor and told me to get my cards graded to avoid this problem in the future. R U serious? Then the supervisor ended the conversation without telling me. Gone! What great Customer Service!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Was it labeled a reprint?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yes it was. A 1959 Home Run Derby large size card and had "C.C.C. Reprint 1988" on the front of the card. C.C.C. (Card Collectors Company) and TCMA are legit companies for reprints.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Did the card say "reprint" on it? If not it is fully understandable it would be pulled as a counterfeit. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Sorry should of went through entire thread. Did your picture show that it said "reprint"?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@goodnu9 wrote:

(Card Collectors Company) and TCMA are legit companies for reprints.

That's your problem right there. Those are not legit companies as far as Ebay is concerned.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Google and research C.C.C. and TCMA.  eBay removed an auction few months ago stating the "reprint" card was counterfeit. The card was produced by The Topps Company. Ever hear of them? Their review team isn't always right.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Move on & sell the card elsewhere.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Dare I ask what the title was? Please don't say you titled it 1959 TCMA Home Run Derby MINT in the title and then buried in the listing, CCC reprint 1988.

Seeing those listings with those titles (see 2011 Trout and 2002-03 Lebrons en masse) is INFURIATING when you get into the listing and see it as a reprint.

I bet if you put 1988 TCMA Home Run Derby 1959 Style your listing would be fine. Then again, who knows around here anymore.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yes I have many cards. Once again as far as Ebay is concerned they are not legit. Topps does have many cards that are reprints that you can list though.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@goodnu9 wrote:

Google and research C.C.C. and TCMA.  eBay removed an auction few months ago stating the "reprint" card was counterfeit. The card was produced by The Topps Company. Ever hear of them? Their review team isn't always right.

I think you are only allowed to sell reprints that are reprinted by the company that produced the card in the first place.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@goodnu9 wrote:

Any other sports cards sellers getting messages from eBay's review team stating because the card is counterfeit, they shut the auction down?  The card is not a "counterfeit" but a legit "reprint". This is the second time they have done this. The first time the reprint was produced by The Topps Company, the biggest producer of baseball cards! How can you have a review team, who has no knowledge of sports cards, "ASSUME" the card is counterfeit? I had a go around even with the supervisor and told me to get my cards graded to avoid this problem in the future. R U serious? Then the supervisor ended the conversation without telling me. Gone! What great Customer Service!

got you off the site and of course ignored you..

As for reprints and even marked ones: They also have been counterfeited....

Not worth the time to fight such stuff.

Best not to relist such.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I just had a Dover reprint of a 1962 card pulled and there are 3000 of them listed on Ebay doesn't make sense.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply