cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller Protection for Shipping? & Also, COVID-19 Seller rating forgiveness thing?

Years ago, eBay used to have better seller protection for sellers.  As long as the item was shipped with tracking, we were considered as having done our part and if the package was lost or whatever in transit, they would refund the buyer, but not hold it against us.  

I'm not sure what's going on with USPS now but I've had several items in the past month just get "stuck" in the USPS system.  Tracking doesn't update for a week or so....so the buyer files a claim and then I end up with a "case closed without seller resolution". This has messed with my seller rating this past month.    With leads me to...what happened to them saying things like that won't have a negative impact on our seller rating.  I got a notice that my seller rating will be below standard (because of these cases).   Do i need to call ebay?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay Seller Protection for Shipping? & Also, COVID-19 Seller rating forgiveness thing?

Wow. Good luck... they evaluate on the 20th... tomorrow. I remember the seller update. Time to stress-test it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@calimodern wrote:

Years ago, eBay used to have better seller protection for sellers.  As long as the item was shipped with tracking, we were considered as having done our part and if the package was lost or whatever in transit, they would refund the buyer, but not hold it against us.   

I've been buying and selling on eBay since 2000 and don't recall this ever being the case.

eBay may have given a few more courtesy refunds back then, but I don't recall eBay ever refunding buyers out of their own pocket as a standard practice. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply