cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay!!! PLEASE FIX your "Calculated Shipping"!!!

No, it's NOT a nine digit Zip code as you can see. This garbage is beyond aggravating. Can't you people make ANYTHING work properly?

I'm a buyer trying to buy things. I'm sick of playing whack- a- mole with shipping costs because YOUR PROGRAMMERS can't get it right. Sometimes it works, most times it does not. 

SELLERS should be outraged by this. Is THIS what you are paying eBay and jumping through all these hoops for? Apparently so.

As I've said before, this happens nowhere else on the internet. NO. WHERE. ELSE. It's an eBay exclusive "feature".

Come ON eBay!!!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

That is frustrating. And I'm a seller. Makes me wonder how many buyers were going to buy and didn't. Hummmm got me thinking. 

RRR
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

This is why I only use flat rate shipping. If i can refund some, so be it. Saves THIS hassle!

Howdy neighbor, only a stone's throw from 97478 and I can guarantee it's a valid zip.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 40
latest reply

That error usually happens when the seller has made a mistake in setting up the listing, and has entered package specifics that are incompatible with the chosen shipping method.  For instance, a weight over 16 ounces for a First Class package. Or a typo in the measurements such as a length of 122 inches rather than 12.  

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

But then why does the message say "enter a valid zip code" ?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

I found the same auction and entered several zipcodes.  Also get the same message on multiple other items by the same seller.  Maybe the SELLER has an invalid zipcode?????

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

ebay code?

@gramophone-georg - are you referring to zip +4?  That would be the only way to have a nine-digit zip code.

I will sometimes run into the opposite because I use the + 4 and some sites do not accept the + 4 (even the PO at times LOL).

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

That error usually happens when the seller has made a mistake in setting up the listing, and has entered package specifics that are incompatible with the chosen shipping method.  For instance, a weight over 16 ounces for a First Class package. Or a typo in the measurements such as a length of 122 inches rather than 12.  

Yup, you just reminded me that this is the case, was happening on an auction of mine because I was blocking PO Boxes and instead of stating that the seller does not ship to PO Boxes it was posting an Invalid Zip message.  Had forgotten about that.

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

Because eBay programmers are incompetent, just not in the exact way that you thought.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

I found the same auction and entered several zipcodes.  Also get the same message on multiple other items by the same seller.  Maybe the SELLER has an invalid zipcode?????

But he's in Denver and has 11000 feedback. So that shouldn't be an issue.   I wonder if one of his business policies got messed up by ebay gremlins.

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

But he's in Denver and has 11000 feedback. So that shouldn't be an issue.   I wonder if one of his business policies got messed up by ebay gremlins.

That's what I was thinking.... 

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Then every single seller with calculated shipping doesn't know how to set this up. Not only that, the mistakes in setting up the listing only seem to affect the calculated shipping... sometimes.

Some days, it only fails on auctions but is fine on fixed price listings.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

@gramophone-georg - are you referring to zip +4?  That would be the only way to have a nine-digit zip code.

I will sometimes run into the opposite because I use the + 4 and some sites do not accept the + 4 (even the PO at times LOL).

Right. We had Trinton in a similar thread a few weeks back blaming these glitches on ZIP + 4. 

Not the issue.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply