cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Open

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Open-2017/eBay-Open-2017-Come-join-us/td-p/26960819/jump-to/first-...

If anyone is interested, just stumbled across this under Inside eBay.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

eBay Open

I'm a low volume part-time seller and have no use for this.  However, even if I was a high volume full-time seller I still don't think I'd have use for this.  Smiley Wink

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

@klassic*kids wrote:

I'm a low volume part-time seller and have no use for this.  However, even if I was a high volume full-time seller I still don't think I'd have use for this.  Smiley Wink

People that go to these things always talk about how much fun they had overall (aside from some boring stuff).  They build friendships with other members too.  And you shoudl be able to write it off  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

$250 plus hotel stay plus travel fares. Don't think so.

I'm sure most attendees are cheerleaders = )

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

@lintbrush* wrote:
 ... People that go to these things always talk about how much fun they had ...

Because the people who go to those things are the kind of people who  have fun at those types of things.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@lintbrush* wrote:
 ... People that go to these things always talk about how much fun they had ...

Because the people who go to those things are the kind of people who  have fun at those types of things.

Fair enough  lol  Smiley Happy 

The hype makes me a bit curious, and I've never been to Vegas.   If it were close by, I'd definitely go just to see what it was all about.  Can't talk smack about most things unless you've tried them. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

Never attended one of ebay's........have attended other "seminars" of this type.......and never failed to learn something and have a good time........ 

Just being around people with "like" interests when you are in an environment of no one "understanding" or grasping the intricacies of the subject can be stimulating......and enlightening. 

If I could go, I would.........I sure wish I'd gone when they were "crazy" ..........lol.  Would have loved to wear a tin hat.........

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

We need a community insider to go, to find out what's up their sleeves.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

We used to have people post on the stores Board from the Ebay Lives about what was going on.........don't know if that would be a board no/no or not,  now.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

Had to go to a shoe convention, held in Epcot. Had a blast and the seminars were educational and interesting.
Best part, they paid for the gas, food and hotel.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

That thread that I posted will be up from now until the event ends. If you click on the link in the link it goes to the blog post. This thread will probably be moved over there. Who knows.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

There's a reason I've never been to Vegas. Not my scene.

Since people are traveling from all around the country you'd think they might change up the location from year to year to give an option (at least when it comes 'round to their area) to those who can't travel that far... Chicago, LA, New York, etc...

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

Love, love, love Vegas.  Been there a zillion times.

If there is a city set up to handle conventions, it's Vegas.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

It's the entertainment capital of the world. The flights are perhaps cheaper for foreign and native travelers.
I do understand what you're saying though. Chicago would work, but still wouldn't pay $250 for it.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

eBay Open

Nor would I, but they could have less expensive options if they were in cities like Chicago and NY. For instance, a day pass, a two-day pass, a three-day pass, and even a pass to one specific event.

Cities like Chicago and NY are more expensive and I understand why Vegas was picked, just saying there are merits to these other cities. People live closer and could drive or take public transport. You can stay outside of the city for more reasonable rates. And, as said above, you can sell passes to parts of the event, rather than the whole. People with day jobs wouldn't have to take as much time off work - then could pick a day to go if they wanted.

There are pros and cons to both Vegas and other locations, for sure. Just pointing out some of the pros for having an event that moves each year.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply