cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Open 2023!!

Attention, all eBay sellers! Registration is now live for eBay Open 2023🎉

It’s time to soar at the largest seller event of the year—happening September 26–29. 

Get ready to connect, learn, and celebrate with the seller community, both virtually and in person :iloveebay:

Tell us how you plan on attending below and don’t forget to register here

open2023.jpg

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay Open 2023!!

I have signed up for the Virtual Event.

I believe we were told that this year the sessions will all be recorded and made available the same day they are presented. Is that correct?

Most sessions end with a Q&A period. Will the recorded sessions include a replay of the Q&A?

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

Wow a 4 day event full of lies and false promises from a company that cares nothing about you, sounds fun!

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

But it's a time to soar!

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

This right here. They don't care AT ALL.

When it comes to eBay, your items are counterfeit when they aren't, and when they aren't, they are counterfeit. Ebay logic.

If a buyer returns an item you sold to them as new, but used it, you're the problem not the buyer. Ebay logic.

If a buyer buys your brand new item, breaks it and returns it, you're the problem, not the buyer. Ebay logic.

A buyer commits fraud and returns an empty box back, you're at fault not the buyer. Ebay logic.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

instead of  celebrating events, first ebay should fix the loop holes in system which allow scammers to abuse return process and now ebay is taking feedback protection from concierge members this is reward what top rated sellers will have from ebay. ebay forget sellers are backbone of this company. scammers are openly allow to scam sellers and abuse return process any time. so what celebrations is about ?  below are some examples.

1 : scammer can leave bad feedback after within 60days  but ebay money back guarantee is only for 30 days. so after 30 days scammer open return and if seller reject return request then scammer leave bad feedback to  blackmail seller, this policy for leaving feedback in 60 days for domestic sellers is bogus.

2 : for item not received case, if tracking shows there is delivery attempt and buyer not responded to carrier so item got return back to seller, then buyer open case with ebay so tracking shows item is returned back to seller, so instead protecting seller, ebay close case in favor of buyer due to tracking shows delivered to seller but not see if there was delivery attempt to buyer by carrier. ebay never fixed this issue.

3 :  scammer returned empty box to seller  and then when seller reach to ebay, ebay still give money back to scammer for returning empty box to seller and seller get money too but same time scammer is facilitated to do one more time scam with another seller.

4: after item is delivered to buyer, if buyer has issue after 30 days of delivery, buyer contact seller and if buyer and seller reach to conclusion to help buyer to offer partial refund, then system does not allow to issue partial refund.

so before celebrating fix the core issues what sellers facing. 

5 : policy for leaving bad feedback in 60 days should be implemented only for international sellers not for domestic sellers because ebay money back guarantee is 30 days.

6: why buyer is allowed to leave bad feedback immediately? even if seller ship the item within handling time.

7 : why buyer is allowed to open return same day after placing order, item is not even shipped or delivered so why buyer is allowed to open return same day after placing order? another bogus policy

i will be glad if someone from ebay give on this thread explanation with logic only and to the point.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

From Adam Ireland's Q2 Review, posted today: 

"Over the next quarters and years we’ll strive to introduce even more exciting marketplace advancements that benefit your businesses. In fact, we’ll be sharing a LOT of what’s ahead at eBay Open ‘23 (September 26-29)"

Well, I sure hope that a lot of it is actually helpful to more than just the Focus Categories, and I sure hope it includes actually marketing the site for Q4 (not just the Focus Categories, as they've done the last two Holiday seasons)....

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

Yep, we will all be 'soar' after eBay gives us the 'business'.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

Oh, boy, even MORE exciting marketplace advancements.  Programmed by even MORE exciting D minus interns.  

I can haaaardly contain my excitement.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I have signed up for the Virtual Event.

I believe we were told that this year the sessions will all be recorded and made available the same day they are presented. Is that correct?

Most sessions end with a Q&A period. Will the recorded sessions include a replay of the Q&A?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques just FYI, from posts I'm seeing on LinkedIn and elsewhere, it appears some of the presenters have been out in San Jose filming their segments. So just like the last 2 years, I expect almost all of the content will be pre-recorded.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

@valueaddedresource  Oh yes, I fully expect pre-recorded sessions. Which is one reason it should be pretty easy to provide the "replays" the same day. Maybe we can get an answer about that:

devon@ebay 

I believe we were told that this year the sessions will be made available AS REPLAYS the same day they are presented. Is that correct?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@valueaddedresource  Oh yes, I fully expect pre-recorded sessions. Which is one reason it should be pretty easy to provide the "replays" the same day. Maybe we can get an answer about that:

devon@ebay 

I believe we were told that this year the sessions will be made available AS REPLAYS the same day they are presented. Is that correct?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! Let me reach out and double check on that and I will update you once I have some more information!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

Thanks devon@ebay 

look forward to hearing the response.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

My biggest issue with false return reasons. Some buyers open a return case with item not described, doesn't work defective and even sometimes return his old product. We have to accept them and pay for the return cost.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

eBay Open 2023!!

Signed up and ready, first time! Super excited!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply