cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Int'l shipping program

When I first set up my shipping preferences, I excluded int'l shipping. I was recently automatically enrolled in eBay int'l shipping program. Do I have to edit my shipping preferences to NOT exclude int'l shipping in order to use this new program?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Nope, you're in the new program until you opt out.  If you haven't opted out, you no longer exclude international shipping.  In short, eBay has edited your shipping preferences whether you like it or not.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's what I thought. How do I exclude specific countries I don't want to ship to? 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The two posts offer conflicting questions, but I will try...

If you do not designate ANY International Shipping options in your new listings, the listing will automatically offer the New International Shipping option (unless you opt out in your preferences).  I am not sure if you can 'exclude' countries and maintain the New International Shipping option.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks.  Initially I excluded ALL int'l countries, but now that I'm automatically enrolled in eBay's int'l shipping program, it appears my eligible listings may also offer the new program, which is great, but I'm not jazzed about shipping/doing business with some specific countries, so that's why I wanted to find out if I can exclude some of them.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

No idea, I opt out of and/or avoid anything that eBay has just rolled out.  I like to give them 2-3 years to iron out the bugs first.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Good to know.  I was interested in increasing my sales but don't need the headaches.  Almost seems too good to be true with all of their guarantees on handling issues/returns.  It seems like the program has been around a few years according to the dates on some reviews about it. For some reason, I just became "eligible" for the program so they offered it to me. Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I got an email from them today congratulating me for opting into the Intnl. program. Thanks for nothing ebay, I've excluded all but the USA for years. So, if you don't wish to mail overseas, do check your settings. Our bosses like to change them for us.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Everyone just became "eligible" for the new program, and quite a few people were enrolled in it without warning.  I discovered I was in it when my "ships to" list suddenly quadrupled in length.  You'd best read up on all the little nuances that go along with it if you're not planning to opt out, at least until they fix the inevitable oversights first.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@chez-desir wrote:

So, if you don't wish to mail overseas

**sigh**

Message 10 of 10
latest reply