cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay FRAUD

Well I am another victim of ebay fraud. I sold a vintage amplifier (1000$). Buyer admitted to tampering with the electronics in message  and wanted a return due to item not working. Ebay messaged me and told me that because my item included parts (tubes) that it is perfectly acceptable for the buyer to make these repairs on his own. They also told me my case would not be found in my favor. All I wanted was my item back so I unknowingly refunded the buyer, thinking this was how the return process starts.  Now there is nothing I can do to get my product back and eBay refuses to step in and correct this matter. I am new to eBay and this was such a tragedy for me that I will never use this site to sell anything ever again. Sellers beware!!! DO NOT USE EBAY!!! They will not protect you! Experienced scammers will screw you over big time. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay FRAUD

https://www.google.com/search?num=30&site=&source=hp&q=online+crime+reporting&oq=online&gs_l=hp.1.0....

Contact the county sheriff in the buyers region and file a report with them, see above link. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eBay FRAUD

So, basically, you made a mistake and then you quit immediately? That is so... opposite of the entrepreneur mindset. 

1. Don't give a refund before receiving the item in the first place. Who pays for the Return Shipping is already represented ahead of time. If you, however, failed to indicate a 14 Day, 30 Day, or 60 Day Return process and claimed to "Not Offer Returns", then this actually screws you over even further, with, both, eBay and the Buyer. How does it screw you over? It did not pre-define existing conditions for purchasing the item. It did not make you look good as a Seller. And you're brand new, so early mistakes are gonna cost you a thousand times more than later mistakes. 
  2. Did you protect yourself with Photographs, Details in the Description, Messaging ONLY on eBay (NOWHERE ELSE!), and provide enough Shipping Protection for the item (again, with photographs)?
  3. How seriously did you take this listing? For $1,000 item I would be going head-over-heels in pure safety, protection of the item, protection of myself, protection for the buyer, satisfaction for abiding by eBay's terms and policy, etc. It sure doesn't sound like you tried to read anything - any tips for beginners, any of eBay's guides and policies, or anything about how Returns & Refunds work (posted by eBay, available to everyone, free, 24/7). If you really think that $1,000 is chump change, then you can afford not to sell on eBay. 

To be honest, it sounds more like you're a victim of yourself in this situation. You made multiple mistakes and instead of accepting responsibility and moving on, you decided to complain and quit. 

If you don't take risks, then you'll receive no reward.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply