cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you cringe when you get an ebay message?

I"ve had (more than?) my share of mistakes and can't help but cringe a little when I get a message via email.  Usually it's OK. I think maybe some people write to say they got their book because I already sent them a personal note letting them know I gave them positive feedback. I never know when I've fumbled though, until I get a complaint. (Though actually I'd rather get the email than find out later they just gave me a neg without contacting me first)

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: do you cringe when you get an ebay message?

Yes, and I have always been bad at checking voicemail and official mail of any kind for the same reason.  I try to avoid bad news.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Of course you cant help not to.  But its a nice suprise when there just saying hi or asking questions about something.  Best regards

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Yes...especially when it is only hours or 1 day after an item tracking shows delivered....
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Out of curiosity, have you seen an increase in unsolicited lowball offers? I see quite a bit more recently.
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Actually I'm more apt to cringe when I see I have a PM on the boards = )

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

PMs on the boards are still a good thing for me - usually someone asking for help.

It's those emails from Lithium that are not happy fun time grin
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

YUP THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAY!!! THIS IS NO LONGER FUN AND HAS NOT BEEN FOR YEARS> IT IS MISERABLE DRUDGERY BUT FOR NOW AT LEAST...." REAL" JOBS ARE STILL WORSE. CAPS BUTTON ON CAUSE I AM SCREAMING!

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Totally...

I'm also really tired of their "here is what you should list" and "how much you should be selling it for" and other similar and equally useless things that clobber up my notifications.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Actually I'm more apt to cringe when I see I have a PM on the boards = )

LOL! Bites tongue. 

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@wamegun wrote:
Out of curiosity, have you seen an increase in unsolicited lowball offers? I see quite a bit more recently.

I have ,, pretty certain they are from resellers too  . Just yesterday I received a  very low offer for a Harry Potter hogwarts   theme handbag clip on  that I have listed at a very fair price  . I made it myself and the offer I got was less than what the materials alone cost me. I just politely decline  but  can't tell you how many times I want to include a comment ,, but I don't . Tulips  😞 

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@wamegun wrote:

I have ,, pretty certain they are from resellers too  . Just yesterday I received a  very low offer for a Harry Potter hogwarts   theme handbag clip on  that I have listed at a very fair price  . I made it myself and the offer I got was less than what the materials alone cost me. I just politely decline  but  can't tell you how many times I want to include a comment ,, but I don't . Tulips  😞 

I guess if the offers are unsolicited you aren't able to set a minium offer like you can when using Best Offer via the SYI form? That feature is helpful in that you never see the offers that are too low.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
PMs on the boards are still a good thing for me - usually someone asking for help.

It's those emails from Lithium that are not happy fun time grin

Never had an email from them but I have been PMed

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

@z240dude wrote:

....CAPS BUTTON ON CAUSE I AM SCREAMING!

Take a deep breath, drink a coffee....

You should consider getting off eBay if its affecting your emotional health that way

Message 28 of 28
latest reply