cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cigarette coupons no longer allowed to be listed???

Hi

I've been selling on ebay for about 10 years and always threw in cigarette coupons with my other listings as they're always in high demand and easy money.

When ebay limited the coupon listings per month (25 coupons allowed to be listed a month or $100 in sales from coupon listings per month) I stayed within those limits.

I put a listing up last night for 8 cigarette coupons, and it was randomly removed. Received an e-mail saying 

" The sale of any tobacco or smoking related Voucher(s) isn't permitted on eBay."

This isn't listed in any of the policies, coupon or tobacco, listed on ebay.

I called and was told "cigarette coupons just aren't allowed, this has been our policy for a long time".

WHAT?

This isn't true, on any level. I'm well aware of the policies, and my listing of 8 cigarette coupons didn't violate anything.

Please advise on how to rectify this.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: cigarette coupons no longer allowed to be listed???

@orangehound wrote:

@mrcap840 wrote:

I called and was told "cigarette coupons just aren't allowed, this has been our policy for a long time".

WHAT?

This isn't true, on any level. I'm well aware of the policies, and my listing of 8 cigarette coupons didn't violate anything.

eBay used to have a cigarette coupon policy where they were prohibited ... but (if it still exists) it isn't published anywhere.  My guess is that the policy still exists.

eBay's policies do prohibit showing a picture of a cigarette or tobacco.

There's no way the policy still exists as not that long ago a cigarette coupon listing of mine was removed by ebay accidentally, and after calling they reinstated it.

I also didn't have a photo of a cigarette or any tobacco, just a picture of the coupons.

Any chance after clicking "contact us" in the listing removed email, and then using the pass-code listed on the site next to their number after selecting "CALL US", redirects you to the exact person that pulled the listing? 

I feel like the person was covering themselves and unwilling to admit they made a mistake. Lady I spoke to was very unfamiliar with the listing policy. Kept saying i'm not allowed to cell cigarettes on ebay, I said I WASN'T SELLING CIGARETTES. Put me on hold, yeah, those coupons aren't allowed either. Well yeah, they are. No they aren't as per our policy.  But...there's nothing in the policy about not being allowed to sell a handful of cigarette coupons. I've been doing so for literally 10+ years. 

Why are people clearly unfamiliar with ebays policies being allowed to pull listings? Such insanity.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I didn't even read the full post, never thought they were allowed, would anyone give them as Christmas or birthday gifts?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They are allowed. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mrcap840 wrote:

WHAT?

eBay used to have a cigarette coupon policy where they were prohibited ... but (if it still exists) it isn't published anywhere.  My guess is that the policy still exists.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@mrcap840 wrote:

WHAT?

There's no way the policy still exists as not that long ago a cigarette coupon listing of mine was removed by ebay accidentally, and after calling they reinstated it.

I also didn't have a photo of a cigarette or any tobacco, just a picture of the coupons.

Any chance after clicking "contact us" in the listing removed email, and then using the pass-code listed on the site next to their number after selecting "CALL US", redirects you to the exact person that pulled the listing? 

I feel like the person was covering themselves and unwilling to admit they made a mistake. Lady I spoke to was very unfamiliar with the listing policy. Kept saying i'm not allowed to cell cigarettes on ebay, I said I WASN'T SELLING CIGARETTES. Put me on hold, yeah, those coupons aren't allowed either. Well yeah, they are. No they aren't as per our policy.  But...there's nothing in the policy about not being allowed to sell a handful of cigarette coupons. I've been doing so for literally 10+ years. 

Why are people clearly unfamiliar with ebays policies being allowed to pull listings? Such insanity.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply