cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing from local pickup to shipping at buyers request.

No option to send an invoice

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: changing from local pickup to shipping at buyers request.

Did the buyer pay @jjimbobb ?

If the buyer already paid you will not be able to send an invoice, but you can cancel the order as buyer requested, relist with shipping, then the buyer can place a new order.

If the buyer hasn't paid yet you should be able to send an invoice and add a shipping option.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did the buyer pay @jjimbobb ?

If the buyer already paid you will not be able to send an invoice, but you can cancel the order as buyer requested, relist with shipping, then the buyer can place a new order.

If the buyer hasn't paid yet you should be able to send an invoice and add a shipping option.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

can you give us some more details?

Is this a large heavy item or an item that is a target for scammers? I assume it is because it was listed as pick-up only. 

What does the buyer profile look like? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It had to be a problem with eBay software because I had shipping option listed as well as local pickup.

Sold the item twice and both times the system put in "local pickup" when both clearly lived out of the area.

The first buyer declined to try again and then the next buyer ran into the same problem. 

I ended up cancelling the order, he got his refund, I relisted without local pick up as an option and the transaction went through. 

Thanks for answering the question.

Jim

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Judging by the volume of threads about it here, this happens a lot more than you'd think. In my case, the buyer was a newbie. Apparently, it wasn't obvious enough that, among the shipping options presented to him, the "FREE" one wouldn't be shipped but instead would require him to travel and pickup the item.

Seems like eBay could simply provide an option to change from Local Pickup to one of the item's listed shipping options and collect the additional $.

Even better, eBay could popup a message when the buyer chooses Local Pickup, something like "This item is located in [insert location here]. That is [nnn] miles from your location. Are you sure?"

But, hey, they've only been doing this for 25+ years so I guess we can't expect too much just yet.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply