cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer purchased local pickup only, wants me to ship - if I cancel, ebay holds it against me?

I am selling a 90 lb laser printer that I don't want to ship, so listed it as local pickup only. In the description I did say I would ship it with Uship. I just feel more comfortable with Uship because it's one individual handling it, it's not being boxed up and thrown around.
Someone bought it and wants me to take it to the UPS store and get a quote and let them handle it. I don't want to do that but if I cancel the sell, if I'm not mistaken, Ebay holds that against me.
How do I cancel the sell without ebay holding it against me

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: buyer purchased local pickup only, wants me to ship - if I cancel, ebay holds it against me?

oh, in the mean time I did list it on Uship but the only offers I had were for $500. In my listing, I put that if there weren't any acceptable Uship offers, the buyer could cancel the sell. The buyer in this case wants me to ship it thru UPS which I do not want to do. I can see them getting it then saying they want a refund, knowing I won't want to pay return shipping
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: buyer purchased local pickup only, wants me to ship - if I cancel, ebay holds it against me?

You would only be oligated if this buyer requested UShip.

UPS is not a carrier you offered,

Buyer can choose either local pickup or UShip.  If he wants neither then ask him if he wants to cancel.

If so, you can use buyer requested, and that does not result in a defect.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Cancel with reason "problem with buyers address," since they are requesting something that is not in the listing (using a shipping service you don't offer), assuming you stated that you will ONLY ship using the Uship service.

You may have to contact ebay to get your FVF back explaining the situation.

I'd make sure to block this buyer too if they are giving you a hard time.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Cancelling due to a problem with the buyers address is a legit reason to cancel and you won’t get a defect. eBay will automatically credit your final value fee—they do it anytime you cancel.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Why would this fall under problem with address?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Because it’s a local pickup and the buyer is unable to pick it up. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I would caution you against offering to use Uship on eBay listings.

"I can see them getting it then saying they want a refund, knowing I won't want to pay return shipping "

I can see them getting it then opening an INR claim and getting a full refund automatically. Are you sure that Uship offers online-viewable delivery tracking that both eBay and Paypal will accept?

I strongly recommend that you sell local pickup items for cash on venues that cater to that style of selling. eBay does not.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Because ebay doesn't offer any other reason that they won't hold against you - use the reason - Problem with buyers address - when you cancel.  Technically it covers

By the way, suggesting outside shipping source in your listing might trigger the bots to pull your listing as suggesting that you will sell outside of ebay.

And read my signature line and take it to heart when selling on ebay.  Get experience before you list high dollar/high risk items.

(*Bleep*)
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Cancel at buyers request, or probs with address, and then block the buyer...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

It would not fall under (problem with address) U Ship was the terms stated in the listing so either come and pick it up or accept U Ship.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply