cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**bleep**,Another Winning Bidder Wants to Cancel Minutes After Winning, Grrrrrumble!

So want to message him to ask "why did you bid 9 days ago then ask to cancel minutes after you won?"  What could the answer possibly be? Why are they not made to tell the seller (who probably packed up the item & has it ready to mail)  the reason to request a cancel?  We're supposed to just happily grant the cancel & move along?!

Dammit, I'm tired of this happy horse***t.   Sales way down, then got a live bid on an auction & thinking there's hope.

Then get this downer message from eBay.

I want to cancel but make this person squirm for a day or 2 before doing so. Is this wrong or stupid of me? I know doing an UPI will possibly make him pay then open a SNAD on me followed by a neg. All lousy things eBay allows to happen to sellers. What lesson does the buyer learn from this-did eBay punish him at all? **bleep**, here's where a buyer neg would help other sellers! Avoid this one by God!!

OK, whining over. What would you do if this just happened to your up-to-now lovely day?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: **bleep**,Another Winning Bidder Wants to Cancel Minutes After Winning, Grrrrrumble!

Why does it matter WHY they requested the cancellation. It's really none of your business. Even if Ebay forced people to explain the reason, they'd likely lie because it's irrelevant.

Personally I would cancel and move on because if you try to force them to pay they may file SNAD and cause you a world of hurt.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: **bleep**,Another Winning Bidder Wants to Cancel Minutes After Winning, Grrrrrumble!

Thanks for your suggestions. I have already done all those things in my preference site. But not all sellers know to do this, so big help! I did just cancel this morning but as usual am frustrated with eBay not doing a change in my total items sold section. They left it at 14 items sold for June. Yet after the cancellation it's 13. Now I just made a sticky note to subtract that dollar amount lost so on June 30 when I make an actual pen to paper report for this month I can get the numbers right!
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Not my business? I know but just plain curious. I also mentioned the SNAD & neg feedback in my post. I did just cancel so moving on. Also just learned that when you cancel they have a blue checked box to relist! I cancelled, they relisted in a blink. Feeling stupid for not un-checking that box before I hit "cancel". I already relisted it last night. Crud.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@flakar48 

Morning, not being snarky here...but what "powerful" ebay settings are you referring to? They can't seem to match up buyer information if that buyer was already on your BBL by using another ID, not just revising their existing ID. Somehow they need to come up with a system where the mailing address of the BBL buyer is factored in...which has been said here is the way most sellers realize a buyer circumvented their BBL. Now, that doesn't take care of those BBLs who have a friend or relative buy your item to circumvent, that is another story. It was also said on the April 30 Updates by a poster, they need to block the IP...not just the ID name.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@sweetpieces4you wrote:

To Stop this Pattern Block Every Single Person that Cancels Out after a Winning Bid !!  Block Them All Without Hesitation !! That Will End It !! 

Been eBay for almost 20 years "blocking" works with existing buyers unfortunately new non-payers and scammers replace the blocked ones everyday.

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 20 of 20
latest reply