cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

below standard w/ 100% feedback and all 5 stars

ebay.  think we are done. you have zero actual customer service. today was my 2nd 'below standard' email-- yet I have 100% feedback and 5 stars in over 300 sales.

My 3 children and I have gone through the wife leaving, then the death of my 17 yr olds best friend to cancer, and my own father committed suicide.

At the time we had 2 large amount of listing at once, and we contacted every buyer, and they all understood, and no one left even a neutral feedback.

when I tried to explain 2 deaths really affected getting shipments out within 48 hrs-- i was told send in death certificates so they could match the dates, or a newspaper article would also do.

really?

I am not a seller that meets your standards- even though you tell me I have over 50 people who ALL gave me 5 stars, and theres no negative feedback. ZERO.

But I'm below your standard. It's not surprising you can only use a computer algorithm to tell you what to do- actual real human being customer service be damned

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry for your loss, but Im sure Ebay gets a lot of stories. What does your dashboard say? Thats where the defects are..feedback doesnt really matter.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm not surprised, because neither feedback percentage nor DSR stars are part of the seller rating calculation. 

They used to be, but now (thankfully) a seller's rating is almost entirely under his own control - and not subject to the whims of vindictive buyers or unscrupulous competitors.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My heart goes out to you and your family. May God grant you all peace. Good luck with your account.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Stay strong.  One thing I have come to the conclusion on is feedback and seller standards/performance - don't worry about them.  Do the best you can.  In the end, what do they matter especially if you have a 5-star rating?  Getting any type of discount from eBay fees is not enough to drive anyone to care - just my opinion. I have a solid 5-star rating with zero defects in dashboard performance. Why?  Because that's how I do business and not how eBay tells me how to do business. You are in charge and not eBay. Don't sweat all of their hoops and rules. Just drive on and ignore getting an extra credit mark on your homework. Do NOT allow eBay to ruin your day. I always say, in 100 years it ain't gonna matter. And that's the truth.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I am not a seller that meets your standards- even though you tell me I have over 50 people who ALL gave me 5 stars,

I actually had to check the date on this post.  STARS and feedback no longer count for your seller rating. They are using "defects" and other metrics to determine if you are "worthy" of being a seller.  A drop to below standard, or too many metric dings likely puts your in FINAL VALUE FEE rehab camp, where you are allowed to stay, but you have to pay eBay 50% more in fees. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply