Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Ridiculous that I have to wait 7 days to leave a Neg or Neutral for a seller

If a seller cancels for out of stock (aka didn't get enough $ for auction in this case), buyers should not have to wait 7 days to be able to leave a neutral or negative. I might have left a neutral, but now that I have to stew about it for a week, sh...

Piddly-Poor Sales TGIF - Rum Helps Me Deal! How Are You Coping?

Time to rant,sorry if you're selling stuff like mad. Skip this post. I like 1,000s of other sellers are struggling to sell even 50% of what we sold maybe 2 months ago. I admit to selling 9 items!!!! on day 1 of May. But don't get too jealous, they so...

User avatar by Guide
  • 36 replies
  • 11 helpful

eBay Clueless on SO many levels ... ads on listings for cheaper items is WRONG

The reason eBay is clueless on so many levels is they add these little blue lettered statements on listings about lower priced items when in fact, and I am sure in many cases, the items are NOT the same and therefore the little pricing note is incorr...

Screenshot (1554).png

best offer feature

I listed an item for $19.99 with free shipping, and also added the best offer feature. A buyer sends a $5.00 offer, the item costs approx. $5.00 to ship. I keep getting offers like this all the time, but it's not the problem. In the past when Ebay wa...

My listings are showing a guaranteed delivery date even though I opted out Guaranteed Delivery

Recently my listings are showing the phrase "Guaranteed by..." on my listings (see 173894359774 as an example, at this time it is showing that phrase). I'm NOT happy with this. I am not comfortable guaranteeing ANY arrival date for my items, especial...

User avatar by Guide
  • 11 replies
  • 3 helpful

I just talked to CS about the 100 free listing offer...

Having already read comments by sellers trying to use the 30 day option with no success I decided to call eBay first and have them verify or refute the 30 day option.The rep informed me that currently the only option for fixed price listings is Good ...

eBay really needs to educate buyers on the feedback system

Or better yet: Make the customer contact us first to allow us to fix their problem before letting them leave a negative or neutral I've dealt with it for years but I'm honestly getting tired of customers leaving negatives or neutrals without ever rea...

Is PayPal refunding fees or NOT???

Was supposed to start May 7th. Have they quietly decided not to pull this outrageous money grab?? I have not received a policy update from them, but others on here are saying they are refunding the 2.9% fee instead of keeping it as they stated they w...

Accepting Paypal vs direct Credit Card payments

What is the downside of accepting direct credit card payments instead of Paypal as a Seller? I know that Paypal has a 5% fee for each item sold and I am not fond with their Seller Protection.

Paypal fee reversal still being issued 5/10

There have been posts back and forth on this board about whether or not Paypal is going to keep their fees on refunds. The most negative have said, in effect, I'll believe it when I see it. Here you go! 5/10 - I just did a partial refund of excess po...

fee reversal.jpg

The problem with Searching Newly Listed for Buyers & Sellers

eBay has advised that the "NEW" listing tag on an item lasts 24 hours. One Buyer commented that eBay's a Ghost Town when searching "Newly listed" items. I am sure others are finding that to be true, not to mention the number of Sellers reporting that...

Ebay motors deposit made but not paid in full

Going on 4 weeks now, I listed a vehicle at auction with NO reserve. Winning bidder made $500 deposit within 24 hours as specified in listing. Supposedly, he was working on shipping arrangements. He had asked me to send title. I said I would as soon ...

Resolved! sold my car on eBay, PayPal reversed payment after delivery

buyer seemed legit (of course, right?): messaged me on eBay and followed up with a text asking when we could talk on the phone. he had a Brooklyn phone number but was in Vegas, and a Google search of the number seemed to support that. we spoke severa...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 46 replies
  • 2 helpful

Shield Scams

are they prevalent? a bidder sets up two accounts, with one account he bids the lowest amount on an item worth $1,000.00 say a starting bid of $50.00 ?.. lots of sellers running auctions start at an absurdly low starting bid to attract attention and ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 14 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors