Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Sending messages to repeat buyers offering discounts - buyer loyalty

Sometimes I have repeat buyers - usually I try to treat my buyers very well and help them with what I can, and that seems to build trust and the buyers tend to want to shop with you for future purchases. I was thinking about whether to go a step furt...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Why in the world would eBay change it so you can't research completed auctions now?

Today I was researching completed auctions to determine which price point to list my item. Part of this research for me involves reading the completed auction description of similar items I'd like to sell to do a comparison of condition, included com...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 119 replies
  • 17 helpful

Tis the season for non-payment?

I'm waiting on more unpaid orders than usual. Two have been given reminder emails from Ebay. One guy wrote to say he'll pay Sunday so he'll get a reminder too. I wonder if more people than usual are too busy to pay? or tapped out for funds?

User avatar by Guide
  • 27 replies
  • 4 helpful

Sold as parts/not working, buyer complaining about condition

Recently sold a bike part I got from work (dropper seat post) as for parts not working, however I listed it as unused (only been installed), faulty from supplier as that is exactly as I believed it to be. Buyer is now complaining that it has dirt ins...

Paypal refunds - paypal keeping all fees processed for the sale

Just read an email from PAYPAL, that they will no longer refund any fees charged for a sale when a buyer refund is processed. Another slam to sellers when refunding. Taking effect October 11,2019. Exceptions are duplicate transactions, voids, and mos...

Changed all listings to 2-day handling, eBay still shows *delivered* 2 business days from now?!?!?

Background: for my seller account. NO eBay store. Just listings. I'm visiting family until Saturday, leaving this AM. I spent an hour just before midnight last night changing all of my listings to 2-day handling, since I won't be back in town until a...

remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Prescription and over-the-counter drugs policy

Please, can someone help me with this issue, I sell natural branded supplements made in the USA and today a list of mine has been removed.I don't understand much about it, we are not selling anything that is against eBay regulations. Do I have how to...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! listing was removed: Counterfeit item policy

Hi, I just got a message from Ebay saying: "listing was removed: Counterfeit item policy."I only sell original items, I don't know how Ebay came to their conclusion.I have been selling brand name clothes Like Lacoste, Hugo Boss... for many years, I h...

• 54 replies
  • 6 helpful

Buyer cancellations

Are buyer cancellations totally on the rise for you guys during this holiday season? They seem so for me. It's as if Paypal is hiring peons to buy your stuff on ebay then filing cancellations. On a side note, here is one flaw I never expected (probab...

Form 1099 Sent to Non-USA Resident

I got an email in the last couple of days advising me on receiving a 1099. What exactly am I supposed to do with this? I'm not a USA Citizen or Resident, so I'm not required to file taxes in the USA (nor can they force me do either, as I don't live t...

[][][] Scrounge Lounge - Fall 2019 Edition - Let's Harvest Sales [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge Fall 2019 EditionOur History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 16 years ago in 2003.We appreciate ebay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who...

User avatar by Guide
  • 364 replies
  • 2 helpful

TRUTH IN STATING FEES

Today I discovered that EBAY was untruthful in stating the fees they charge.I have a property listed. After days of reading the "FINE PRINT", I also called. and agent indeed said that such postings for real estate produced a "ONE TIME" fee of a 150$....

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

SCAMMED!

i JUST GOT SCAMMED BY A BUYER! IM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 AND THIS HAS ME IN TEARS I SENT SOMEONE IN CANADA A PAIR OF HIGH END NIKE SHOES THAT WERE WORN MAYBE TWICE AND THEY OPENED A RETURN SENT PICTURES OF A OLD WORN OUT PAIR OF THE SAME KINDA SHOES. E...

• 12 replies
  • 3 helpful

Listed active item cannot be searched or found by item listing ID

I listed my item and after several hours it was not visible - though Ebay listed it as "Active". I called EBay and was read some script about how certain items are subject to "indexing" which takes 24 hours or more. In my attempt to fix the problem I...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors