cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a video

how is it done,and what is seller hub?,,,thinking its not available to me..thanks

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: adding a video

The seller hub is a page for sellers to monitor their sales. Seller Hub It’s available to all sellers. 
You can’t get to it with the app. Adding Video to your listings  

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

so you can take picture with phone and ebay will link so i can use desk top,but they haven't progressed yet to vvideo....painful

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I take photos and video with my phone, and put them in the listing's gallery. 

Do you use a phone to take photos and list?

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I'm sure i'm not the only one thinking this...

And I mean absolutely no disrespect, i'm just curious as heck...

But how does a active seller with so much experience selling not know where the seller hub is???

Seller hub:  My ebay > Selling 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Here's an example of a video on one of my listings. This was to highlight condition issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165507650964

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I should have been more clear. I shoot the video with my phone. I use the listing form on my PC to add the video. Currently, you can't add video directly to the app's listing form (as far as I know). I start my draft on the app, and then finish it (including adding video) from the drafts folder in Seller Hub>Listings>Drafts.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

ha only one time,just the other day,old school?canon power shot,probably took thousands and thousands with the cannon

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

i would say,dont bother trying to figure me out...lol

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@savwillsell09 Well, whether you use your phone or the PowerShot, as long as you have a way to upload it to your PC you are good.

The video must comply with the ebay rules. You only get one video per listing. ebay will put it in the second slot of your photo gallery (it doesn't count as one of your 24 photos, so you can still add all 24 photos if you use that many. Generally speaking it shouldn't be more than a minute in length.

Here are the requirements:

Video Format Requirements:

The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
MP4 file types- MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
Providing links to YouTube or other video platforms is not supported
Listings with variations do not support videos

Some more information about what you can and can't use:

Can I use images or videos that I copied from other websites on eBay?

No, you can't use images or videos from a manufacturer's website, even if it is publicly available. Copying content from other websites or internet searches may be considered copyright infringement.

What are the most common reasons for uploaded videos to be rejected by moderation?

• Exceeding maximum size – We recommend videos shorter than 1 minute for the best viewing experience. Videos over 150MB are not allowed
  • Poor quality – A video that is blurry, undefined or distorted is considered poor quality and not allowed
  • Illegal content – See the Illegal explicit content policy for more information
  • Offensive content – Promotion or glorified hatred, violence or discrimination aren't allowed. See the Offensive materials policy for more information
  • Nudity and sexual content – Videos may not include nudity or displays of sexually oriented content. See the Adult items policy for more information
  • Infringing content – Video, images or audio content that is used without permission from the respective rights owner is not allowed
  • Directing buyers off eBay – Videos, images or audio content including any contact information, web links, URLs or calls to action that ask viewers to take actions on other sites (for example, "Go to xyz.com to learn more") are not allowed. See Offering to buy or sell outside eBay for more information

If you are using ebay's listing tool, you just upload the video to the gallery in that.

If you have already put up your listing, you can edit it to add a video:

mycottagebooksandantiques_0-1690762032532.png

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

As you can see in the scan, just go to "Upload Video"----a couple notes ebay doesn't tell you. It might take a while to upload (depending in part on your ISP), be patient. With my ISP, I usually wait till later at night, when the connections is less likely to be busy. Also, even after it has uploaded, it won't appear until it has been reviewed and approved. This shouldn't take more than a few hours, but it can take much longer. If it takes more than  a day or two, I recommend removing the video and trying again. That usually works for me.

I have had some upload quickly and approval has been fast. Others, no. Best of luck if you try it.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

ok,thanks,i was able to do a test vid ,i send it to my email,went in 2nd slot with note its being reviewed ,ha,just a draft,maybe this week i might try the real thing(chainsaw cutting),,,,anyway thanks for helping,also have my grandson(he just stopped in) on the case..........lol

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

as of now,i have no interest in some ebay ad-ons, such as promoted listing and the hub and probably some others that i cant think of🤔

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Great! Hope the process goes smoothly.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I still use mine. Power Shot A1200.  Has to be close to 10 years old. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply