cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your shipping label is ready to print?

So now I'm getting yet another useless piece of information from Ebay. I print my shipping labels and I get an email that it was paid for BUT I also get another email that says "Your label is ready to print" HELLO I KNOW THAT BECAUSE I ALREADY PRINTED IT. I wish Ebay would stop worrying about useless garbage and fix their site so that it is usable. I get notification for things and messages that I took care of long before I got their stupid message. Some of the notifications such as messages hang around forever even after they have been taken care of. Hey Ebay how about turning all your servers on 24/7/365 all over the world, stay out of our businesses and watch the money start pouring in. Or you could pander to the sellers that sell junk and have hundreds of negatives every single day and watch you company decay. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Your shipping label is ready to print?

@debvor 

I posted this question on the sells board but everyone over there says seller hub will solve all my problems.  Maybe you can make since out of their answers. 

I posted......

I hope this is just another ebay glitch and not ebay making sellers job more difficult then it needs to be again.

For the last two days when I go to an original listing of an item I have sold the only link remain are "relist" or "sale similar".  They have removed all the other links that I use daily.  Such as see paypal transaction, see sales details which is the fast way to find tracking or delivery information.    Tools I use daily to sell on ebay just removed.  

Higher fees, Less  value, NO protection welcome to ebay.  

The responses I got were....

Hard to say  glitch ? New change? 
I am Windows 10 tried Edge, IE & Chrome not Firefox
This is what I see

sold item displayed 2-19.JPG

This is the same thing I see on my sold listings when I used to see.......

The part I can't figure out is people are telling me....

@clu3 wrote:

To look at sold item details.  I use the SELLER HUB.

1. Seller Hub

2. Orders

3. All Orders

Then bookmark the page in your browser quick access bar.  I renamed mine SOLD.  All of the details are one click away - shipping labels, tracking, feedback, etc.  You can also customize the columns and their order.

Same here! I can't remember the last time I ever visited the listing page of an ended (sold) item, so much easier to do post sale stuff from My eBay or now Seller Hub.

I understand that some did use those links but if you switch to doing it through the Seller Hub you might find that after a couple of weeks you wont remember doing it any other way.

Sorry for the long message, but how is going to the seller hub to find information on a item that is sold when the link to the original sale is in the message you just opened shorter or faster or more efficient?  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

This post has been edited by Ebay because they say it violates "community standards" I mentioned something about Ebay pandering to, I won't say it, large sellers from another country. I mentioned the name of the country or more specifically the word used for the people living in that country and it seems that Ebay sees that as "racist". PC run amok. Sad. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Does anyone know how to turn off "your shipping label is ready" email notifications?  I've searched all over my Ebay preferences and settings.  Can't find where to shut off the emails.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Have you tried:

My ebay > Summary > Account > Site preferences > Communication preferences

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

That email must only occur for labels printed with the new label flow - I have never received one using the classic label flow.

What has happened is probably one of two things - the new label flow developers included that new email notification and did not provide any option to disable it, or they did include an option and rolled it into one of the existing site settings.

The only options that might remotely be applicable in the Selling Activity section of Communications preferences are these three, the first one most likely, second very probably not, and third definitely probably not (and can't be changed from real-time anyway)
Shipping label created
Shipping label voided
Shipping label refund accepted/declined

Changing the "Shipping label created" setting in Communication Preferences to "none" would be the only setting that might do the trick if they rolled the "your shipping label is ready" email settings into that setting (or if those emails ARE the replacement for the classic label flow "You printed a shipping label" emails that that setting controls)

If not, then using the classic label flow instead of the new label flow will prevent the emails.

(I suspect there is no option to disable the emails - the whole new label flow hasn't been thought out very well)
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

eBay fix the unwanted email ( Your shipping label is ready to print)   please correct your error 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Agreed.  These "Your eBay Label is Ready" emails are absolutely WORTHLESS!  (especially when the label has already been printed!)  Previously, they provided information in the subject line that was searchable and could be preserved indefinitely for future reference; even years after the sale.  That should be a matter of seller choice; one that we used on a regular basis to review past activity without even having to log-on to eBay.

There's no valid reason as to why these revised label emails can't include more relevant information to the item and/or buyer specifics for that sale; allowing us to distinguish one message from the other.  Otherwise... we end up with thousands of emails over time that are meaningless.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I always got two emails -- one from eBay with the title "Shipping Label Created" and one from Pay Pal acknowledging payment for the label.  The eBay one is now renamed to "Your Label is Ready to Print" instead of "Shipping Label Created".  No change for me in volume of emails although I think the change in the email title is kind of stupid.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

As nothing has been done about this problem... it does seem to be an intentional move. We previously benefited from having searchable information (item #; price sold; sales info) contained within the email format that someone at eBay has determined is no longer appropriate to provide to sellers. Makes no sense. We only wish that when a significant change like this is made... that someone at eBay would just say it out loud... and clearly explain the change... instead of hoping that we'll just adapt to whatever change is thrown at us... whether it makes sense or not. Bottom line... we've eliminated delivery of these useless emails within "preferences"... as the current format is stripped of useful information. Very frustrating.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply