cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your listing isn’t following policy: Vehicle, parts, and accessories policy

We have tried everything under the son to try and comply with these EPA Emissions violations that are reported to us by eBay.

We have reached out to eBay on numerous occasions asked, reasoned and even begged for eBay to give us a keywords list to delete listings that are considered in violation of EPA standards and are now in violation of eBays policy.  To no avail we have never once been supplied with a rational statement or explanation as to how to find of the listings, so we can delete them.  The only way we are able to figure out what they want is to get the violation from eBay which expects us to solve the problem without tools.

This is the definition of the rule we get from eBay and all we really have to go on, to prevent future problems.

" Any products that will bypass, defeat or render inoperative emission-control systems, either on their own or when combined with other hardware or software. See EPA Enforcement Alert here for more information
Any tuner, device or software that can modify vehicle performance, even if it does not remap the ECU or ECM or is described as diagnostic"

Today we spent over an hour  begging again for a logical solution to the problem.  And once again we believe our questions will go unanswered.

We asked eBay to provide a list of the keywords they are searching for so we can go ahead and delete the listings ahead of time.  They once again refused saying no such list exists.  We came up with another idea that they are going to look at but as of now we are still on our own.  What we asked was could you give us the listing titles of all the listings that have been removed by eBay for possible EPA Emissions violations.  I will not hold my breath as I have found eBay is working harder and harder to be more like Amazon and if you sell on Amazon you know how that is going to go for sellers.

So today we are writing in hopes that other sellers experiencing the same problem would be willing to start helping to contribute to a list of the titles that they have had violations sent.  It is pretty easy if you save all your emails or messages just search for "Your listing isn’t following policy: Vehicle, parts, and accessories policy"  Once you have found the emails take the titles and post them here or you can simply post what you would consider a keywords list.  If we all share what we have then we can begin to comply.  Once again I am not sure why we sellers have to generate this list and eBay can not simply work with sellers, since it's in everyone interest to have a keywords list to work with.

Here is the list of keywords that we have gotten violation warnings on so far.  We really hope that we have all the listings scrubbed out now but who knows with such a broad statement as eBay is using.

Tfi Power Box
Eps Powerjet
Powerjet
Powerjet Fuel Controller
Turbo Diesel Down Pipe
Performance Module
TFI
SCT Performance Livewire
Throttle Booster
SCT Performance Burst
Agd Advanced Gauge Display Monitor
Throttle Sensitivity Booster
Pulsar Insight
PerfTuner/Progmer
Programmer
Max Energy Spectrum
Jet Performance
Xcelerator Programmer
Superchips Flashcal
Superchips
Bully Dog
BDX Performance
EVO HT2
Flashpaq
X4 Power Flash
DiabloSport
Predator P2 Performance
Dashpaq In-Cab Monitor
Automatic Transmission Flexplate

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Your listing isn’t following policy: Vehicle, parts, and accessories policy

Hi,

I am in the same situation like you.  So may I ask you how to handle it properly?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

here's the keywords I have so far. I've been getting 10 days restriction.  what about other sellers?

We recommend not listings with the following terms, as they are prohibited due to the potential defeat device per the EPA:

Cat delete

DEF + delete or disable

Delete kit

Delete + programmer, tune, or tuner

DOC delete

Downpipe back exhaust or Turbo pipe exhaust

DPF + delete, emulator, or tuner

EGR + bypass, delete, removal, or tuner

SCR delete

4:27

sellers are in violation of our vehicle policy if they list any products that will bypass, defeat or render inoperative emission-control systems, either on their own or when combined with other hardware or software.

See EPA Enforcement Alert here for more information.

Any tuner, device or software that can modify vehicle performance, even if it does not remap the ECU or ECM or is described as diagnostic.

If sellers continue to list inventory which violates this policy, Risk will take action which may result in account suspension

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It seems there is almost a daily posting, if not more, of items that eBay has removed because it violates some policy or is tagged by Vero. I have come to the conclusion that at some point eBay will no longer need all of these policies or Vero. They will all be replaced by one policy that shows the 1 item that you can sell on eBay, what color it has to be and all the other specifics. There will be standard template for that one item that the seller will not be able to alter, other than the price and shipping information. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I don't know much about the items that you are selling, but I do agree with you that eBay is becoming more like amazon.  We used to sell on Amazon some years ago and would have pallets of goods shipped to the FBA warehouses.  However, it became more and more difficult.  Other sellers would buy from us and leave negative feedback thus causing problems with out account.  One time we created a new listing using UPCs we had purchased.  Then another seller came along and said that my name  branded product was violating his trademark.  This was a generic product from china that we had branded to our brand and logo and our UPC and somehow this seller was able to hijack our listing.  We eventually just called it quits on Amazon.  Hopefully we won't have to do the same here.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

EFI kits like FiTech or Holley seem to trigger the eBay police.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I hate to say it, but you probably just need to find another way.  You might not technically be violating eBay policy, but they're inconsistent at best with things like that, and you're more than likely to simply lose access to your eBay account permanently than you are to succeed in figuring out how to "safely" list them.  It's a losing battle in this case.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

It seems there is almost a daily posting, if not more, of items that eBay has removed because it violates some policy or is tagged by Vero. I have come to the conclusion that at some point eBay will no longer need all of these policies or Vero. They will all be replaced by one policy that shows the 1 item that you can sell on eBay, what color it has to be and all the other specifics. There will be standard template for that one item that the seller will not be able to alter, other than the price and shipping information. 

You really think anybody at eBay knows what that one item is? 🤣

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If you are listing in "related" categories.   The words "delete, bypass, tuner, programmer, defeat"  (among others that have a close meaning to those words also).

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply