cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me disconnect my Automatic Payment Method, The instructions are wrong.

I paid my last invoice and I don't want to close my account.  But when I go to Change or delete my Automatic Payment method as a seller.  I didn't have any subscriptions to cancel, that I can find (quagmire).   The help instructions are wrong!!!

"You don’t have to close your account to stop selling; simply remove your automatic payment method and cancel your selling tool subscriptions."

But when I click on Automatic Payment method The instructions to change are wrong.

"Setting up an automatic payment method

Here’s how to set up or change your payment method:

1. Go to your Seller Account - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
  2. Look for Payment methods for seller fees and select Change.
  3. From the dropdown menu, choose your preferred payment method.
  4. Enter your information. For direct debit or card payment, select Save. For PayPal, select Continue."

There is no drop down menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the page you get!

https://fundinginstrument.ebay.com/piapp/psp/v2?flowid=43BD59150000000234DD5A4E&opid=D812CD4B0000000... 

I don't want to use managed payments!  EBAY LET ME OUT!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Won't let me disconnect my Automatic Payment Method, The instructions are wrong.

When I click on Payments I get this page????   I am already hooked up with Pay Pal to sell and buy.  My connection to Pay Pal is GONE! 

https://ppcapp.ebay.com/myppc/wallet/list?open=true

No wonder there was no sales!!!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Won't let me disconnect my Automatic Payment Method, The instructions are wrong.

You either use managed payments now or you can not sell. eBay has been gradually shifting people over for a couple of years now. Now everyone has to use it. There is  no choice. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I know about Mandatory managed payments. 

I am not going to sell anymore because of all the changes and I don't want to use MP. 

I am not selling on eBay anymore after 16 years to the day!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

That link in your post is to YOUR page. No one else can see it.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

That link in your post is to YOUR page. No one else can see it.

Sorry, thought it was universal.  If you go to your Payments it will shows this info:

Add a Checkout Method

Checkout is faster when you have a credit or debit card on file.  Add one now

Payment methods (which are empty for me)

Plus sign  + Add Payment method. 

So where did my Pay Pal connection go?  It should at least still be there if I want to buy something.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

As a buyer Paypal does not need to be linked to your eBay account - it is simply a payment portal.

Find an item you want, BIN and pay using Paypal at check out, I did it only yesterday

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

You're comparing apples and oranges. While eBay is losing the 'Automatic payment method' for sellers' invoices, you can still pay with PayPal. No worries.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

So, now I'm a bit confused.

Are you referring to the payment method to pay your eBay listing/store fees? Or are you referring to the payment option to make eBay purchases?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

So, now I'm a bit confused.

Are you referring to the payment method to pay your eBay listing/store fees? Or are you referring to the payment option to make eBay purchases?

Thanks for trying to help.  I was trying to disconnect my Pay Pal Account for my  listings and fees when I stopped selling.  It was working a few weeks ago, but it is just another change that they are doing and not updating the help files.  As usual, eBay's help files and changes are a convoluted mess. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Is there a way to close your seller account without closing your entire account? I do not want ebay in my bank account and have decided to stop selling but I can't unlink my account. (Also listings refuse to go live but that's another hellish rat hole) 

Has anyone successfully closed their seller account and could tell me how to do it? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Found my answer 😞 

from the eBay User Agreement - 

"Once you have registered for Managed Payments on eBay and your eBay account has been activated, the use of Managed Payments effectively becomes a condition to using your eBay account. Should you therefore terminate this agreement, you will not be able to reset your eBay account to the state before you registered for Managed Payments. "

I will be closing my account.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply