cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winning local PU bidder who stood me up 3 times last year wants to PU item now

Last September I sold the rear seat from a parts car. The buyer lives 2 hours away.

Sept. 23 she writes: Ok, I will be there tomorrow at 6:30 pm. Never shows up.

Sept. 25 she writes: Hi, I went but I could get there until 9 and I couldn’t call you cause I don’t have your number. There were three accidents and the highway was completelly jammed with cars. I will go again on Wednesday. I will be there by 6:30-7:30. Never shows up again.

Sept 29 she writes: Good afternoon, my kids were sick and I had a bad night. I am going tomorrow at 6:30-7:30. No show #3.

Today she messages me: Hello, I paid for a rear seat for a sonata on September but I could not be able to go for the part. I just could go in the weekends when you told you wouldn't be available.

The number of the item is 154219533748. I will send order to a delivery company to go pick it up if everything is correct. Could you please provide me with a good address and time for you.

She is lying saying I wasn’t available on the weekends, btw. Anyway, after 90 days I considered the item abandoned and the payment as liquidated damages for storing it. I’m OK with one last chance to pick up, but this “delivery company to go pick it up if everything is correct” seems odd. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Winning local PU bidder who stood me up 3 times last year wants to PU item now

This is why we don't sell on the local sites. People rarely show up. When they do, they are late. And then they always want a lower price.

When local pickup on eBay we only arrange times when we will be available - at our convenience, not the buyer's. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Winning local PU bidder who stood me up 3 times last year wants to PU item now

At least twenty people didn't ask you if it was still available and then never saw anything else.

Maybe the delivery company story is true-you've tried three times, what's it going to hurt to try one more time?  The alternative is to refund him/her and be out the fees.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

At least twenty people didn't ask you if it was still available and then never saw anything else.

I don't understand what you mean by that. What twenty people and what never saw anything else?

@divwido wrote:

Maybe the delivery company story is true-you've tried three times, what's it going to hurt to try one more time?  The alternative is to refund him/her and be out the fees.

Not refunding anything after 9 months. The cost of storage is worth more than what was paid.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Well, it's up to you and how you really feel about your communications with this buyer as honest or not. You are stating they are lying, so I would end all communications and block.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You've stumped the panel. I think (FWIW) that @divwido was counting the sets of eyeballs that had fallen on your post (22 at that time), read the title (but not the body copy) and thought of that kneejerk poster's reaction... "Is it still available?"

With that being said, I'm number 61 (sets of eyeballs) that has fallen on your post right now... and I am still trying to collect the "Thoughts?" that you asked for. And I was also the 3rd and the 47th set of eyeballs... you have quite the conundrum.

I'd not feel right if I'd had the buyer's money and didn't go ahead and let the buyer take the seat. Yes... the 'delivery service' sounds funky, too. But, hey... if it's abandoned anyway, what does it matter who takes it?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

9 months later?   

Three strikes, your out comes to mind, but after 9 months I would not even bother to respond.  That's crazy.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply