cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wouldn't the buyer "buy" from me again??

I don't understand why the buyer leaves a negative saying he will never buy from me again??  "Buying" is to mean paying for an item.  Not getting it for free.  lol  eBay gave a full refund; buyer receives the item.  What else can he 'buy' from me & get for free?  I'm down to 7 listings.  Working my way to 0 by June & closing my store.  This site is just pathetic now. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Why are you letting eBay refund for you? That just hurts your seller account. But since you say you’re leaving this is moot.

If you can show that the buyer received the item you might be able to have the negative feedback removed.

Request to remove feedback  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

From reading your posts over the past few years I understand you have had many setbacks and disappointments in life.  I sincerely hope you find better days ahead.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@sakic92710 

I hear you and am sad this is the choice that so many seem to be making concerning selling.  I guess things change and honestly, there are days I wonder why I continue to sell here, but I choose to just persevere and hope for the best.  I guess you never know.  If the economy is as strained in Canada as the US it makes sense.  It's been a tough go for the last few years.  Not to mention all the fraud on this platform.  It's disheartening and doesn't appear to be getting any better.

All I can do is wish you well and hope you'll drop in now and then to post and make me laugh now & then with your cleaver puns and sarcasm.  Some of us do appreciate it. 

All the best to you.  😞

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thank you.  Very much appreciate the kind words.  Most of it is headed in the right direction.  Hope life stays smooth & steady for you.   🙂

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

failure to get the item to the buyer on time is a SNAD

maybe the buyer just wanted a tracking number

some sellers get indignant when  asked for a tracking number

I dont know what happened but you upset a buyer

Joe curious here and am sure there are others..............what happened?

did the buyer file an INR, win it and still nuke you and get a free item

@sakic92710 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

The item was in the mail & soon to be delivered.  Why would I be anxious to refund?  eBay already told me they would not remove the feedback ( "it does not meet the requirements" ) & don't care that the buyer isn't paying.  I have to handle it myself.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

I don't understand why the buyer leaves a negative saying he will never buy from me again??  "Buying" is to mean paying for an item.  Not getting it for free.  lol  eBay gave a full refund; buyer receives the item.  What else can he 'buy' from me & get for free?  I'm down to 7 listings.  Working my way to 0 by June & closing my store.  This site is just pathetic now.  It is like when Giuliani was "New York's mayor" & is now a disgusting pile of ****

The item was sold on April 4 so if after 1.5 months, it didn't get to him, it's not surprising that he opened INR. And after having done so, had you responded with a tracking number that (based on your reply to the feedback) shows movement, ebay would have extended the amount of time to allow for delivery before issuing a refund. 

Did you respond with tracking? 
How long ago was the INR case opened?
What was the estimated delivery date?

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

It's frustrating.  Last negative I got was from someone who ordered the wrong part and got mad.  Couldn't be bothered to return it.  Last negative we got on Etsy was someone who purchased something and tried to use it for a purpose for which it was not intended and got mad when it didn't work, despite the use being mentioned in the title, description, AND in a PM in response to a question she asked.

You can't fix stupid.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Thanks, my friend!   Glad I provided some laughter.   It was part of my goal when I post or comment here.  lol  I want to laugh as much as possible.  I think it keeps me looking younger than I am.  😛   People often think my appearance is 10 years younger.  It will be a relief not wasting time checking eBay for sales or problems.  Still want to join in the community boards.  IF I find some unique items that look promising to sell here, I might make attempts to get the better $.  Currently see 25% of the sale gone in fees & taxes.  So I have to sell for 50% more than my buying cost to get a reasonable profit?  FB is much better right now & w/o a single fee.  See you around here!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I received a message from the buyer but did not see it immediately because I was not checking my SLOW eBay very often.  I tried to get a current location on the package & was only getting "in transit."  When I discovered the parcel back in my mailbox (box was partially wet. ??), I had to repack & ship at my own cost.  I went into the claim to provide him with a message explaining it all & updated the tracking info.  2-3 days later, he goes to eBay for them to step in.  They refund.  Buyer says he never got a message or tracking.  Leaves a negative comment saying this.  Not true.  Now he even says he is unaware of a refund.  "I thought you settled it with eBay."  Clueless or a liar?  Certainly don't see any effort to pay me back even though it has been received.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you buddy.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

The buyer’s experience is that you were unresponsive. Based on your admission that you didn’t check your eBay messages frequently, his overall experience being unfavorable appears factual. He was a paying buyer, not looking to get something for nothing as you asserted. Have you sent him an invoice to repay you?

You have complained for a long time about slow sales, but when you got one, you dropped the ball. None of this was the buyer’s fault.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

You "don't care that the buyer isn't paying"? Why not?

And why is it in the mail if the buyer did not pay?

Your message is beyond confusing.  

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Never said it was the buyer's fault.  Everything was cleared up so pay up.  This is all I'm saying.  His negative comment was not factual.  I wrote to him with all of the information.  If anything, I blame eBay for not giving me time for the item to arrive.  It was clearly in the tracking information that the item would arrive shortly.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply