cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does ebay claim they have email and live chat for customer service? Where?

I just filled out an ebay customer service questionnaire, about my latest phone experience.
( I wasn't lied to this time, yay!)
At the end of the survey, ebay asked me what methods I preferred to contact customer service; and the list to choose from included 'Live Chat' and emails.

Ebay does not have Live Chat, it appears, and I have no idea how to email customer service.

Are either of these options available for use? 
Or is the firm handling the feedback forms, as out of touch as most customer service agents?
You know the kind - friendly, eager to help, does the opposite of what they say, or nothing at all?

Hands up if you've called customer service, and had what seemed like a helpful conversation, only to learn later that there is no record of your call.
Nothing makes a seller feel unappreciated and vulnerable, like having to call a kid on the other side of the world, who has a heavy accent, no information, and a printed list of stock responses. 
At least they don't have the wherewithal to deceive you. You have to be transferred to a friendly English-speaking rep to get the full ebay brush-off.
 Seventeen years selling - this is not my opinion, this is my experience.

But I digress. Live Chat and/or an email address, anyone?
I know, I know - I must have nodded off and dreamt that ebay gave a **bleep**.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why does ebay claim they have email and live chat for customer service? Where?

Or it's boiler plate and they just use it for all sites whether it's relevant or not. (Some other ebay sites have the live chat and email options - UK for one)
Reality is the leading cause of stress.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why does ebay claim they have email and live chat for customer service? Where?

Ebay does not have Live Chat, it appears, and I have no idea how to email customer service.

I got here in '07 as a seller.  There was no email then, and there has been no email since.  I had the idea there was email at some point prior to that, but I've never seen it.

I have seen (and used) "Live Chat".  However they discontinued that something like 5 or 6 years ago.

I've seen the survey, I wasn't sure if they were polling the idea of bringing Live Chat back, or if the survey is just that old and was written when they had it. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Or it's boiler plate and they just use it for all sites whether it's relevant or not. (Some other ebay sites have the live chat and email options - UK for one)
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think ebay is going to fix that/those screen(s) that still mention the live chat, of long past, 'soon'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Well, that's a big relief - Not! 😞
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ebay does have a Facebook page and Twitter.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

Ebay does have a Facebook page and Twitter.

That suggests maybe the survey questions are just really old... since they aren't surveying those.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply