cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay hate money?

Facetious clickbait title, but logically it's the only conclusion given that eBay's abhorrent new listing tool now has Global Shipping Program disabled by default. 

So not only does enabling GSP add to the already obnoxious number of clicks needed to list, a ton of new listings will go up with GSP disabled, locking out those listings from international buyers, and reducing sales and revenue for sellers and eBay alike. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Patience.  It is a newer function that they are rolling out.  You just need to give it time to evolve.  It will in time.  Not everyone is using the new form yet.  You can go to the Technical Board and look for threads describing issues that may interest you.  If you don't see what you are looking for, start a thread there.

Good Luck.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Agreed- it is a horrible tool.  Mine always has GSP enabled BUT it never remember that every listing i do has the "immed payment" selected AND it take 3 clicks to do that EVERY listing. This design is so mobile and bad on a computer!  Immed Payment should just be a checkbox on the main flow like before (as well as just about every other feature).  That would result in 1 click like expected.  Instead of:

1. click- "payment by ebay" or edit all

2. check immediate payment required

3. click "Done"

When you write it all out- DOESNT IT SEEM COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL TO DESIGN A LISTING TOOL WITH ALL THESE UNNESCCESARY STEPS TO SELECT BASIC FUNCTIONS?

Now apply this to every other part of the listing tool and you will see why sellers are so hopping mad about this- ebay is robbing us of our time and efficiency and for the sake of what? a prettier cleaner looking web page?- come on- this is just ridiculous.  Some one at the top needs to grow a pair and start directing this company with common sense and practicality instead of pipe dreams and woke-ed-ness.

Sellers dont want to sell here anymore because ebay made it harder and take longer to list- we do not want a subpar UNIFIED listing tool- we want a listing tool that is optimized to give the best experience on whatever device we choose to use.  

The tool works fine on a phone and is he expected experience BUT its terrible when used on a desktop now- BECAUSE ITS A MOBILE PHONE APP and thus designed to work on a 6" phone screen, not utilize all the advantages of a desktop computer like it should.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Has anyone found a surefire way around getting GSP to stick?

I found that waiting a few seconds helps sometimes (or it's just my imagination), similar to how the item specifics section refreshes when you make any changes to the title. 

But if that's the case, eBay is literally making sellers spend more time per listing, instead of y'know, making actual sales. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I think you are correct.  Ebay hates money.

That's why ebay makes it impossible for buyers to search for  items i have listed

and also "throttles" my sales so that I will make less and in turn ebay  will make less.

</sarcasm>

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 5
latest reply