cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do people ask a million times if you combine shipping?

its annoying, of course I combine shipping. I will change my user id to combineshipping.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I will NOT combine shipping if they are asking me to ship a Faberge Egg with a Cast Iron Yard Gnome.

... sorry, not gonna happen.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is it stated in your descripion?

If not remember that different people are asking as one is not priviy to the response you give another.

If I buy multiples I ask the same question if it is not already stated.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I wonder if being asked about combined shipping so often has anything to do with  the fact you don't mention it in your colorful well decorated listings.

Under: Contact Seller.  Sub heading: Shipping, you show nothing about combined shipping - though, I doubt anyone interested in $1.00 + $2.99  shipping items is going to spend much time digging through your offerings.

Is the information your are being hounded for somewhere else in your extensive listings template?  

Maybe it should be.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You need to make it very clear in your listings because not all sellers are willing to combine.  Stating that you do will give you and edge over others.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Most will and do but will they give you a break on shipping? It they don't give you some kind of reduction for multiple items I ask to send them separately. Of coarse they don't. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It's also complicated these days because of eBay forced IPR, even if you state in your listings that you do combine (and discount shipping) buyers have previously puchased from such listings and then found eBay forces therm to pay for items immediately and one by one. Even if buyers add to cart the request total button is greyed out.

Thus you have plenty of confusion amongst buyers and so they ask..........

Personally I've never been able to get the combined shipping rules to work for me so I can state that I combine but buyers often find it doesn't work automatically and the old days of buying a bunch of things and requesting an invoice is now very inconsistantly possible.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

How do you expect buyers to know if you don't say you do in your listings? Not every seller does, so people have to ask. Unless it is clear, I ask every seller if they offer a combined shipping discount.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply