cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my purses not selling?

Hi, I recently started selling on eBay and I decided to start importing products. I have some purses and handbags that are unbranded but the prices I have them listed for are very low for the quality of the products. How is it possible that at least one hasn't sold yet?

I am talking about these items speciffically:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112550665747?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112550664186?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112544940613?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112537057662?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112527042400?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

My goal is to become a power seller, or at least to have minumum 20 sales a week. What is wrong with my listings that you can guys can see?

Thank you very much for your time and help in advance.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Why are my purses not selling?

Do you have a way of proving that Coach is the real deal? There are a lot of counterfeits out there. I would consider posting it on the Fashion board unless you have already done that or paid for an authenticator.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Absolutely!  OP, you want to be very sure it is what you say it is; because if it isn't, you run the risk of suspension.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Thank you very much for the hurrough explanation. It all makes sense. I thought that the absense of diversity in my inventory might be a part of the problem. Thanks again for your time.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Thank you for the info. I am selling lightweight, small purses for now and the price should cover shipping too. But I'll keep that in mind for future inventory.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Thank you for the reply!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

I recently started selling on eBay and I decided to start importing products

What did you base that decision on? Was it based on market research that showed there was strong demand for these items and that your cost was low enough that you would have the best price? 

The prices I have them listed for are very low for the quality of the products.

It does not matter how your prices compare to the quality of the item. What matters is how your prices compare to the other sellers who are selling the same item. 

What is wrong with my listings that you can guys can see?

I would suggest that the listing may not be the problem. The problem could be the item and the price, going by what others have said about them being available for less from other sellers. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I took a look at what you have for sale ,, and I don't see much wrong . The only negative is I think you may have the pre owned Coach purse  priced a bit too high . I realize this is a popular name brand , but once an item has been used it loses a lot of value , even in good condition .I've seen pre owned Coach purses priced as low as 40 dollars .  Also you mentioned you are importing some things to sell  ,,  so you might consider  the same  things  you can import ,,so can the more savvy buyers that want to skip the middle man and save money. However  I'm sure sales will improve as the holidays get closer .  Good luck !

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I attemped to sell high end name brand purses and cheap buyers would only pay $9.99 and wanted free shipping. They were used , clean, excelent condition. What are your chances. Sorry for you. Good luck. 

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@vibetea

You PREOWNED Coach tote is listed at more than Retail price NEW.

But as to your other bags, there are not many buyers for cheap PU bags from China.  

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Since others questioned the authenticity of the Coach bag, I'll reassure you (and them) that the bag is authentic.

That said, the bag was made in 2007 and at 10 years old, not particularly in high demand and not rare, your price is about 8-times what it should be!

If you do a search of "Coach 11744" you'll find current listings between $18.95 and $49.95 (excluding yours) and sold listings of $27.30 and <$38. Even the unsold completed listings are all less than $50, excluding yours at $289.

You need to be competitive in a competitive market.

Another suggestion is to use your own pictures and write your own descriptions.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Yes, I did research how RFID blocking non genuine leather wallets were selling. The trifold ones, like the ones I am selling were sold at an average of $19. Of course, there were others selling for a lot cheaper but bigger, more stylish wallets had sold for a lot more than what I am asking. The specific style I did not see selling before.
Thanks for the reply!
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

All the fake leather purses puts your Coach under suspicion.

Importing stuff to sell is not a good idea if thousands of other are doing it.  Especially if they are doing it cheaper.  And I can buy a real leather wallet for what you are asking including shipping.

Im by no means an expert but the Coach looks pretty good to me

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Never said it was a fake, don't know and don't care.  What I am saying is that if I see all these pleathers fresh from China and there is a high priced name brand in there, I am inclinded to think that one is fake too.

(*Bleep*)
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

@youkneeq wrote:
Yes, I did research how RFID blocking non genuine leather wallets were selling. The trifold ones, like the ones I am selling were sold at an average of $19. Of course, there were others selling for a lot cheaper but bigger, more stylish wallets had sold for a lot more than what I am asking. The specific style I did not see selling before.
Thanks for the reply!

Did your searches include the search term RFID? 

Mine did - so 40% of your anti-theft wallets did not appear in my results, because they do not have RFID in the title. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply