cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are all my view counts grayed out even after returning from time away? +

I put my listings (not a store) on time away for a week around Christmas. Been back for over a week now and for every item the watchers count is still in black but the view count is grayed out. This is only on the computer and not on the app. I guess it's not a huge deal because the views still seem to be "accurate" (as can be since they aren't really accurate to begin with) but even on items I have listed from scratch since returning are still showing the same way. What am I missing? Also has anyone found sales to be really slow since returning from time away? Probably just slow in general for me and shouldn't read too much into that coincidence. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why are all my view counts grayed out even after returning from time away? +

As a whole, sales are slow everywhere. Hence, don't stress too much about low view counts or slow sales. 

Hang tight!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Why are all my view counts grayed out even after returning from time away? +

@busybeeshopper12 

Yes, the grayed out views have been like this for a few weeks, maybe more.  Don't really understand the point of it and what purpose it serves.  Always something new on Ebay, like it or not. 

Happy New Year.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Some people are seeing gray, some hot pink (I see the hot pink) in a variety of places.  There have been several threads, it's some sort of glitch, doesn't seem to hurt anything, as functionality is not affected, it's just that some links look weird. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Happy New Year! Thanks, I had no idea the grayed out views was happening to others. Will have to see how long that lasts for / why? 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, hot pink too interesting! 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I was curious about the hot pink myself!  New and improved or just a glitch??

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I was curious about the hot pink myself!  New and improved or just a glitch??

@evry1nositswindy   It appears as a glitch to me & I"m one who sees the hot pink.  Reason I think it's a glitch (besides 30 years of working in IT) is that it's quite random, I'm seeing it on different fields & it comes & goes.  For example, I see it a lot on my FB numbers, but then when I switch screens & go back, it's back to the normal color.  Signs point to an issue with browser displays, as eBay has many of these types of bugs over the years.  

ETA:  At least hot pink is prettier than gray LOL. 

For me, I have been unable to discern a pattern (not that I've really tried), so I haven't bothered to report it.  Esp since it doesn't affect functionality. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 9
latest reply