cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Some & Not All???

Why do some sellers of items not have to list their Height, Width & Length on each item? But I have followed all the rules for item specifications, and I cannot list an item until it's all completely filled out. I am not a new seller, been selling for years. 

I just checked and there are thousands of items without the specs. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why Some & Not All???

I looked at a couple listings in Pottery and Glass and the only required item specifics were brand name and type.   The specifics that you are referring to are recommended but not required. You don't have to fill them out but I find it annoying when sellers don't give that information.  Even if you don't have to provide it, it's  good that you do. 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why Some & Not All???

I looked at a couple listings in Pottery and Glass and the only required item specifics were brand name and type.   The specifics that you are referring to are recommended but not required. You don't have to fill them out but I find it annoying when sellers don't give that information.  Even if you don't have to provide it, it's  good that you do. 🙂

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

"I cannot list an item until it's all completely filled out."

What happens if you try to list without these sections filled out?   Is there an error of some sort?  Most item specifics are recommended not required, there is a difference.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

Are you talking about Item Specifics or Shipping info? 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

As said, only "required IS" are necessary to fill out......in some Categories that is Ht/wdth/leng........and it's stupid on some of the things I've listed, such a round things........but it's required.

Required and recommended IS  differ with each category........and subcategory........and on Recommended if the IS doesn't apply to the item, just leave it blank...  They finally admitted that filling in the blue circle by answering all IS is NOT what is wanted.......  You can end up with a huge list of "doesn't apply" showing which does not help a buyer......  Just leave the n/a ones blank. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

It totally blocks me from listing the item. Today is the first time this have ever happened. It just seems really strange that some sellers have nothing listed in Specifications.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

Item Specifics. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

What is the item they are blocking?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

I do a lot of listing, but this is the very first time they stop me from listing a Fenton Glass Basket.  My question was why many other sellers do not have to add any specs to their listings at all-except Maker & Color.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

I never have to do this with auto parts

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

why many other sellers do not have to add any specs to their listings at all-except Maker & Color.

because those are the only REQUIRED item specifics.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

If you are being blocked from listing, it may be for a different reason since there are only 2 required item specifics in that category.  What is the exact message that you are seeing when you try to list that item?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

It's because it's a basket. Dimensions are required for baskets, but not for any other pottery or glass items. Makes no sense, but it's been that way since they changed the categories last fall.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Why Some & Not All???

Thanks I appreciate. I finally figured out what was happening. I fixed the problem myself, like I always do.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply