cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Has Ebay Banned Sales Of Dr. Seuss Books?

As I understand it, Ebay has now banned sales of the six Dr. Seuss books that will no longer be published. If Ebay is going to knuckle under to Cancel Culture & start censoring the things I can buy & sell on this site to fit a political narrative, then I will no longer do business on the website!

Get Woke, go broke!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Why Has Ebay Banned Sales Of Dr. Seuss Books?

Is that really true? I believe the company stopped PRINTING the books, but it is another story to prevent the sale of a pre-existing book. It is still allowed on Amazon (usually i  defend ebay over amazon anyday, but not on this issue.)

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

They actually will take down Mein Kampf unless its one of a few annotated versions. I've had it happen, but also got approval to sell one. I personally don't believe banning books helps anything, and Einstein has even partially funded versions of Mein Kampf so Americans could see for themselves. But yes, I agree that their policy is really arbitrary regarding these books!! I sold a book on making explosives at home and ebay had no issue with that. 

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

deleted

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@nycbabygurl93 wrote:

They actually will take down Mein Kampf unless its one of a few annotated versions. I've had it happen, but also got approval to sell one. I personally don't believe banning books helps anything, and Einstein has even partially funded versions of Mein Kampf so Americans could see for themselves. But yes, I agree that their policy is really arbitrary regarding these books!! I sold a book on making explosives at home and ebay had no issue with that. 

Actually, eBay does have a problem with that:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/encouraging-illegal-activity-policy?i...

Items or information that might enable or encourage illegal activity are not allowed. Examples include:

• Kill switch-activated electronic devices, including smartphones and tablets
  • Items that can enable illegal activity, such as:
    • Pill presses
    • Blank rain checks
    • Selling USPS shipping materials
    • Products designed to fake the results of drug tests
    • Selling votes or ballots
  • Information on how to use or make illegal drugs, bombs, or explosives
  • Lockpicking tutorials
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@bilgerat984 wrote:

As I understand it, Ebay has now banned sales of the six Dr. Seuss books that will no longer be published. If Ebay is going to knuckle under to Cancel Culture & start censoring the things I can buy & sell on this site to fit a political narrative, then I will no longer do business on the website!

Get Woke, go broke!

Thanks for the laugh:

Ebay one use to be able to sell most things. Fire arms, lock smith, adult items and a whole lot more that are now banned: were you been????

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

I sell stuff on eBay all the time that company’s no longer make or produce. Ebay is under no legal obligation to restrict sales of books publishers no longer produce.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply