cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's noticed sales fall off this week?

Anyone else out there noticing a sharp drop in sales this week?  All of the sudden it's like someone turned off the switch again. 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Who's noticed sales fall off this week?

Sales have been poor for sometime now months and months. Do not depend on this site for any necessary income. I am downsizing so I use this among other sites.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

In my opinion, this site is not for small sellers like myself. If you are listing thousands of items, and adding new items daily than maybe you can do okay. eBay is trying hard to rid small sellers for the site, so as a small seller is have had to go to other sites where my items can be appreciated. I, also am downsizing new clothing items I have bought, which is a dead duck on eBay. 

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

It's amazing how well the dollar store is doing in this economy. 

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

@bryo_3145 wrote:

It's amazing how well the dollar store is doing in this economy. 

Yep...

Just saw other day Walmart's closing 20 some odd under-performing stores, Target scaling back, Macy's scaling back brick and mortar yet online they are all doing fine.  I just saw on news not long back Dollar General and Dollar Tree opening hundreds and hundreds of new location, Dollar Tree was something like 600 of them.  Bank of America CEO claims we are in for a mild recession, no real surprises there.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Yeah, those dollar stores are popping up everywhere, "like wildfires." Nordstroms is having troubles. Starbucks. Barnes and Nobel there done. Sears scaled way back. Kmart. Bath and Body Works. I'm sure there are more. I know Whole Foods and Safeway pulled out downtown San Francisco. That was due to crime. I live near Portland Oregon REI pulled out downtown, even Nike. Those were also crime related. War zones. What is going on in this country? 

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Chugging along - can't complain. 

It's a bad idea to be looking at 'one weekend' or 'one week' or 'today' or whatever - take the long view and see if you can spot trends.  I know I have to change what I sell on a regular basis or sales fall off, because sales are motivated a great deal by trends, and there is  a LOT of competition.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Armageddon. 

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

10 dollars paper money 1929 ny

@movieman630 wrote:

Anyone else out there noticing a sharp drop in sales this week?  All of the sudden it's like someone turned off the switch again. 

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

No sales, no questions,but if masks get implemented again, and people are house bound maybe things will pick up 🙂  Don't forget the third booster

Message 39 of 39
latest reply