cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is telling the truth?

My own opinion is NOBODY!!!

Having said that,  A little over a year ago I was told by a particular manufacturer all sellers had to sell at a particular MAP(Minimum Advertised Price), so I complied.  All this time later I couldn't help but notice many others have not complied. $XX.XX to me means $XX.XX not $MX.XX or even $XX.XW. When I complain my complaints involve run around blah blah like they can't keep up with all the new sellers or they refuse to address a specific seller. 

Next step call Ebay and ask them and point out a greater problem on Ebay and that is people selling below, at or just above cost and how this hurts product lines and kills honest sellers and in the end no one makes a profit. Ebay rep. tells me the seller has a "managed account" and has special permission to sell below the MAP.  For starters I can't believe what I am hearing and why this rep would reveal ANY information to me. I ask her if she's just talking in general or she knows for a fact this is true. She claimed the latter and claimed she was reading the permission from her sources. Again I'm astounded she would reveal this. It does not make a seller feel better to have an Ebay rep tell me this in fact it outrages me and makes me livid. 

So you take that info to the company and they deny it and say the Rep doesn't know what she's talking about. They want proof. All the while they are sidetracking they never address the seller or even sellers selling below the MAP. That is the thing that bothers me the most. I happened to know for a fact I was the first person to list the item on Ebay and have sold more than the other seller. You or I'd think it would be me with any special privileges. 

So I actually think both the manufacturer and ebay were lying to me. What the exact truth is I don't know. Ebay is full of this sort of nonsense. This includes bootlegs, counterfeits and bait and switch techniques by passing off a counterfeit using stock images from a different product. Listed a new item about a week ago that I can get for $20 wholesale. I go look at my competitors and see one selling the item for $20 free shipping. Who is that?  Secret manufacturer ebay handle?  Like I said, I trust em as far as I can throw em. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Who is telling the truth?

Exactly - the courts rules that a maker enforcing MAP TO ITS DEALERS - and withholding product or funds if they do NOT comply isnt restraint of free trade.

Its got NOTHING to do with Copyright/Trademark. Copyright issues on eBay are usually limited to using pics that arent yours, using other data - logos etc, nothing to do with MAP violations.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Who is telling the truth?

Comey

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I buy stuff at auction, sometimes the stuff is new in the package.

I could care less what the manufacture wants me to sell it at.

If it retails for $100 and I get it for $5 at auction I am free to sell it at any price I so desire.

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think eBay cares about MAP or any other kind of manufacture pricing structures.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

So basically you are telling us what we have already known for years there are special rules for certain sellers and there are manufacterers selling under other handles that do not clearly identify who they are and there are also people producing items illegally after hours which allows them to sell them cheaper than you , I would hope you already knew all this info and planned accordingly.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply