cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who KNOWS ??? yep its concerning slow sales

Something i asked a anchor store CSR today ebay says there nothing wrong no site issues etc but we sellers all know there is something wrong the drastic sales decline experianced by many sellers is just not normal. its has never been this bad for me in 13+ years

how about this thought  and lol when its so slow you have time to think about things .

anyways ebay rents server space from amazon so whats to stop amazon from  doing something thats basically undectable to the servers used by ebay to cause slow sales on ebay . really there is a lot of smart computer techs out there . who says they have not developed something  to interfer with those ebay servers, a small intentional glitch bug they can get away with.   just to cause such a drastic drop in sales.  there has been many business's over the years that have done shady things. so who really knows who you can trust

personally if i owned ebay i would never rent server space from another online competitor as who really knows what that company would/could do to my company

lets face it there is something very wrong with ebay.  the drastic decline of sales for many sellers like me who used to make a decent enough living on the site proves that.  who knows what the real truth is but i do the drastic sales decline is not the fault of  most ebay sellers . this month may be my last.  this week is the worst week i have had in 13+ years. i have  several thousand items listed and like $950,000.00 + total price of all items listed  and only sold 7 items for little over $200 in sales since last sat.  i am one of the largest sellers on ebay with  the biggest and best selection of vintage items in my categorys but still a 1 man show .  but each month it just gets worse and i simply cannot continue to sell on ebay with sales as bad as they have become for me

something is so very wrong somewhere somehow.  i surely wish it would get solved or otherwise i will be forced to quit really soon like end the of the month.  really it is a shame that sellers have to quit over the lack of sales. but you cannot keep robbing peter to pay paul

ebay has forgot thier way and it may be jmho yes sellers are like at least 10% more important then buyers, you know why, if there is no sellers on ebay then there is no buyers either. to get buyers to the site you got to have sellers on the site too.

they can squeeze money from sellers, because even without buyers buying from the sellers they can like still string them along for a few months milking them dry before the seller quits. so really the seller is more important to them and thier wallet then buyers are.  really jmho its so bogus that anyone actually believes buyers are more important then the sellers who still have to pay ebay even if the seller does not make any sales. LOL  how i look at it, is people that give me money are more important to me then people who dont give me money

Bill Cobb describes critics as just 'bad sellers'.

JD Hoe describes critics as just 'noise-makers'.

So... business as usual. At least for the Ebay CHEERLEADERS and board of directors.

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Who KNOWS ??? yep its concerning slow sales

I believe when eBay tweaked the Forums a few years ago they made some errors because it is not user friendly in the least. It is vague and they did it on purpose to stop so much negativity. You can't get a straight answer out of anyone in customer service. I rely upon myself to try and seek answers or solutions.  Everything runs through them and is scrutinized and navigating their website for help or solutions is a joke. Ever try finding a phone # to contact customer service. It takes a good 5 minutes and loading many pages of **bleep** questions before they give out the golden phone number.

Message 91 of 121
latest reply

@flukeman43 wrote:

Wow thanks for the info. I did not realize eBay rented server space from amazon, 

The person who made that claim hasn't provided a shred of proof that it's true. People can make up any "facts" they want on the Internet. You could say that Amazon is actually owned and operated by the NSA to gather all kinds of info about its customers.

Message 92 of 121
latest reply

Here you go, some actual intelligence if you want to spend hours researching eBay's data centers.

https://www.google.com/search?num=30&site=&source=hp&q=ebay+data+center+locations&oq=ebay+data+cente...

Message 93 of 121
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Here you go, some actual intelligence if you want to spend hours researching eBay's data centers.

https://www.google.com/search?num=30&site=&source=hp&q=ebay+data+center+locations&oq=ebay+data+cente...

Thanks. I didn't see Amazon mentioned in any of the links I pulled up. 

Message 94 of 121
latest reply

eBay builds it's own data centers, even if they did rent space on a cloud as they did with IBM, those companies don't control the data on the servers.

Message 95 of 121
latest reply

@tonycea wrote:

eBay builds it's own data centers, even if they did rent space on a cloud as they did with IBM, those companies don't control the data on the servers.

And they have leased space, but they wouldn't lease it from a major competitor. 

Message 96 of 121
latest reply

Sorry gonetoycrazy , but as a truly small seller myself, I can't feel bad for a self-described "one man show" on ebay who claims he has close to a million dollars in property for sale right now and has listings in the many thousands, currently. While I won't disagree with some of your comments, I might suggest that you'd have a far better case for being treated unfairly if you actually had employees to pay, who are suffering through this (and facing job loss).

Frankly, I don't get how for someone who seems to be suggesting no one is helping you, you've managed nonetheless to have listed several thousand items said to be worth $950K. And why ebay even allows that- under such circumstances, is beyond me (imo).

Message 97 of 121
latest reply

There is definitely something very abnormal going on...I have never seen such erratic and slow sales...I've increased my volume to almost 5000 items and don't really see any increase in revenue...I'm not saying eBay is causing it, but they certainly know what it is and don't want to share that information...I've been selling here since 2001, so I know ebbs and flows and this is totally different...Anyone who says differently doesn't know what they are talking about...

Message 98 of 121
latest reply

You are right, sellers have been complaining of the drastic sales decline.... however, it HAS been going on for a few years. It just gets worse every year. We have statistics and reports to prove this point. I just wish everyone lots of luck!
Message 99 of 121
latest reply

Ditto with everything the poster said....

Message 100 of 121
latest reply

Here is a link that shows an estimate of who have tyhe most servers. Click here. Ebay actually is estimated to have a much larger number servers than Amazon Based on the article above.

Information from 2013.  The article also says Amazon does not share information concerning its number of data servers.

I don't know doodly about data servers but I do know I never get a spinning circle or have to wait for anything to load on Amazon.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 101 of 121
latest reply

It started in 2013 0r 2014 when cassini came on board and is going downhill daily. There is no ebay anymore for most sellers. Amazingly tho, it is just hitting some sellers JUST now. We noticed it three years ago. It's as if? it takes cassini some time to systematically find each and every small seller and  turn them off.

Message 102 of 121
latest reply

I certainly support your commenyt. I have had to constantly adjust as more and more rules hamper me. See my cooment below - it's hit disaster mode for me.

Message 103 of 121
latest reply

Most sellers think it is eBay's search engine, but it is only part of it, the major problem that even Donahoe figured out is Google not sending traffic directly to eBay sellers listing pages, eBay is trying a work around by creating product heading pages that Google is now ranking in some cats.

But that still leaves sellers subject to eBay's terrible search engine in the end.

Message 104 of 121
latest reply

I am also experiencing a drastic sales drop.   I usually do $150-$300 per day in sales.  Yesterday I did $12.99 and today $0 so far.   I have about $25K worth of items listed.  Some of my items have been running almost a week with ZERO views.  This is beyond frustrating.

Message 105 of 121
latest reply