cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who KNOWS ??? yep its concerning slow sales

Something i asked a anchor store CSR today ebay says there nothing wrong no site issues etc but we sellers all know there is something wrong the drastic sales decline experianced by many sellers is just not normal. its has never been this bad for me in 13+ years

how about this thought  and lol when its so slow you have time to think about things .

anyways ebay rents server space from amazon so whats to stop amazon from  doing something thats basically undectable to the servers used by ebay to cause slow sales on ebay . really there is a lot of smart computer techs out there . who says they have not developed something  to interfer with those ebay servers, a small intentional glitch bug they can get away with.   just to cause such a drastic drop in sales.  there has been many business's over the years that have done shady things. so who really knows who you can trust

personally if i owned ebay i would never rent server space from another online competitor as who really knows what that company would/could do to my company

lets face it there is something very wrong with ebay.  the drastic decline of sales for many sellers like me who used to make a decent enough living on the site proves that.  who knows what the real truth is but i do the drastic sales decline is not the fault of  most ebay sellers . this month may be my last.  this week is the worst week i have had in 13+ years. i have  several thousand items listed and like $950,000.00 + total price of all items listed  and only sold 7 items for little over $200 in sales since last sat.  i am one of the largest sellers on ebay with  the biggest and best selection of vintage items in my categorys but still a 1 man show .  but each month it just gets worse and i simply cannot continue to sell on ebay with sales as bad as they have become for me

something is so very wrong somewhere somehow.  i surely wish it would get solved or otherwise i will be forced to quit really soon like end the of the month.  really it is a shame that sellers have to quit over the lack of sales. but you cannot keep robbing peter to pay paul

ebay has forgot thier way and it may be jmho yes sellers are like at least 10% more important then buyers, you know why, if there is no sellers on ebay then there is no buyers either. to get buyers to the site you got to have sellers on the site too.

they can squeeze money from sellers, because even without buyers buying from the sellers they can like still string them along for a few months milking them dry before the seller quits. so really the seller is more important to them and thier wallet then buyers are.  really jmho its so bogus that anyone actually believes buyers are more important then the sellers who still have to pay ebay even if the seller does not make any sales. LOL  how i look at it, is people that give me money are more important to me then people who dont give me money

Bill Cobb describes critics as just 'bad sellers'.

JD Hoe describes critics as just 'noise-makers'.

So... business as usual. At least for the Ebay CHEERLEADERS and board of directors.

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Who KNOWS ??? yep its concerning slow sales

@pauliesthriftshop2016 wrote:

If I were eBay's top brass I would realize without customers and click traffic sales are dropping. Everyone is visiting the major competition for prime and social media instead. What to do? Run an ad campaign. Do away with .30 cent fees to list. Advertise its free to list on eBay. Will it bring a glut of new sellers and items. Yes maybe at first but it will also bring in more buyers and click traffic. They already changed shipping. It hasn't helped.

As a buyer I think that is the worst idea I've heard. They should go back to where it started. RAISE the listing fee, and LOWER the FVF. Those listing for free and wasting space is just wasting Ebay's time and buyer's time searching. The last thing sellers need is more competition.

Message 61 of 121
latest reply

liq1000 wrote:

Just a matter of time now, Devin has done nothing but add to the misery left by Donahoe, the ship is sinking fast, he is not the man to turn eBay around.

In cae you didn't know Ebay is in the stock market and is up 17% for the year so far. That is ALL that matters for stockholders.

Message 62 of 121
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife wrote:
When I joined I think ebay gave me a little incentive of 10 FREE listings...Oh Mrs C...I get 10 free I was so delighted that ebay gave me that little bit to get started...you know the trial run kinda thing.

I then said...hey things are sellin Mrs C what do ya think...I can pay to list...she says then you better be sure it's gonna sell.

I said ok...gonna figure this sellin thing out and I will only risk what I am pretty certain will sell. I will then reinvest 40% of of sales back into it...she said go for it! (p.s. she knew hubby knew what he was doin...but hubby also asked...kinda a little secret there)

Every listing then had a calculated thought/thoughts behind it...oh bring back the 10 free pay for the rest days!

That is how most all sellers did it back in the day.  It went downhill when free listings came into play. Prices doubled and items began to sit and collect dust. It wasn't all sellers' fault as the PO helped ruin the game by raising the shipping cost several times over the last few years.

Message 63 of 121
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

If I were eBay's top brass I would realize without customers and click traffic sales are dropping. Everyone is visiting the major competition for prime and social media instead. What to do? Run an ad campaign. Do away with .30 cent fees to list. Advertise its free to list on eBay. Will it bring a glut of new sellers and items. Yes maybe at first but it will also bring in more buyers and click traffic. They already changed shipping. It hasn't helped.

As a buyer I think that is the worst idea I've heard. They should go back to where it started. RAISE the listing fee, and LOWER the FVF. Those listing for free and wasting space is just wasting Ebay's time and buyer's time searching. The last thing sellers need is more competition.

Here Here...I fully agree.

Paying for listings makes a potential seller have to THINK before they list.

Right now it is very easy to THINK something is more valuable than it is if there is little to no risk...add risk...voila...better sellers.

Oh yeh I also then go back to the days where FVF were based on the product.

If you are foolish enough to pay $9.95 for a Nikon camera with $349.00 shipping that is blaring you in the face I have no sympathy...none!

Why was I able to be a resonsible buyer yet ebay thinks this is a unique trait?

Mr C

Message 64 of 121
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:
To add to this, I'm finding that my Buy It Now's are getting attention, but the auction items are pretty much dead.

Used Musical Instruments are the only category that I can think of where Auctions acheive action, and Buy It Now's come in 2nd place, but that is also changing.  

Now there are many more BIN Listings, but most of those for New Instruments, not Used.

Message 65 of 121
latest reply

@skatesave

You didnt' read correctly. I said sports card as ONE reason due to being a flooded category. Another reason was competing with China.  Yes, sports cards is one of the biggest oversaturated category other than clothes. Another reason to not blame Ebay for your problems if you're in one of the flooded categories.

Message 66 of 121
latest reply

The Chinese seller appeals to that part of society and market,  that I have never quite understood .....

"The Cheapskate"

Message 67 of 121
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Junk is the only real things that sell on eBay, why else would the Chinese be so successful?  So  I disagree with you.  Increasing listing fees will not help USA sellers, it will harm eBay's bottom line.

I just want a level playing field with those that buy when I decide to sell.  That is not happening anytime soon.

Message 68 of 121
latest reply

Charging a listing fee would only hurt small sellers. Big box, very large sellers and many Chinese sellers sell under contracts or agreements and it wouldn't apply to them.

Everyone is complaining and expects ebay to do something, why should they? They make sure their profits increase every quarter.  Every expert or story on ebay stock recommends buy (or at least mentions ebay's strength) because despite eBays status and low growth (compared to other venues) they show great profits. SO they are happy with 3% or less when they can just create profit from small sellers through rate increases, elimination of TRS+ discounts, ads, store fees, promotional fees, built in fee increases by charging FVFs on shipping... they will always find another way to increase profits for themselves.

I now understand why Donahue called us "noise". because that is all we do, make noise, we B$#&H, moan, complain, scream, kick our feet, threaten.... but we keep on paying fees and buying no matter how bad it gets (or enough do to keep it very profitable for ebay). Why should they pay any attention to us?  Ebay will never change because they don't have to. The day enough small sellers change the way they are doing business is the day ebay will change and listen.... but they figure by that time their "future" of Chinese, big box, huge and brand sellers, the ones they value and aren't carrying the burden of fees, will be the main sellers....

Oh and the money we pay (in 10 different ways) goes to support a substandard product, went to buy something yesterday (actually it may have been Monday)  and kept getting error messages during search.... so I went elsewhere. But when we still pay no matter how bad the product is, why should they care, if it affects profit they will just find another source of revenue from small sellers. and we will complain and whine and make "noise" and keep right on paying.....

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 69 of 121
latest reply

Read the forums, thousands of small sellers are closing their stores on eBay due to the fees and slowing sales that do not cover the fees they are paying eBay.

Message 70 of 121
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Read the forums, thousands of small sellers are closing their stores on eBay due to the fees and slowing sales that do not cover the fees they are paying eBay.

Thousands? Based on what? A few dozen on a forum? 

Message 71 of 121
latest reply

Thousands on the forums, that is the tip of the iceberg, millions of eBay stores are going to go under, in fact eBay themselves will suspend them for not paying fees due to this technical mess eBay themselves have created.

Iceberg = Titanic, eBay is sinking it's own ship..........

Message 72 of 121
latest reply

And many of those closing stores I've found are selling things I can pick up at the garage sales for a quarter - but they want $9.99. We have sellers on here who should never have invested in a store at all as they don't have enough inventory to warrent it. Sellers who click and list - never bothering with descriptions, measurements - or checking to see how mny similar items they are competing with so they can price accordingly. Sellers who are selling items no longer in demand.

I'm having a garage sale in a week selling dead stock that hasn't moved. As long as I get my purchase price back - I'll be happy with it - there are some items I'll take a loss on - because I was foolish and paid too much for it to begin with - but that's my fault - not Ebays.

You can compete on here - you just have to read these boards and be open to what others say.

Message 73 of 121
latest reply

Isn't that the truth.....
Message 74 of 121
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Thousands on the forums, that is the tip of the iceberg, millions of eBay stores are going to go under, in fact eBay themselves will suspend them for not paying fees due to this technical mess eBay themselves have created.

Iceberg = Titanic, eBay is sinking it's own ship..........

Once again, the # of people on the forums that are talking about closing their stores number in the low dozens. WHERE are you getting this "thousands on the forums" from? 

And "millions of eBay stores are going to go under"? LOL. As if there were that many TOTAL stores on eBay.

Message 75 of 121
latest reply