cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who KNOWS ??? yep its concerning slow sales

Something i asked a anchor store CSR today ebay says there nothing wrong no site issues etc but we sellers all know there is something wrong the drastic sales decline experianced by many sellers is just not normal. its has never been this bad for me in 13+ years

how about this thought  and lol when its so slow you have time to think about things .

anyways ebay rents server space from amazon so whats to stop amazon from  doing something thats basically undectable to the servers used by ebay to cause slow sales on ebay . really there is a lot of smart computer techs out there . who says they have not developed something  to interfer with those ebay servers, a small intentional glitch bug they can get away with.   just to cause such a drastic drop in sales.  there has been many business's over the years that have done shady things. so who really knows who you can trust

personally if i owned ebay i would never rent server space from another online competitor as who really knows what that company would/could do to my company

lets face it there is something very wrong with ebay.  the drastic decline of sales for many sellers like me who used to make a decent enough living on the site proves that.  who knows what the real truth is but i do the drastic sales decline is not the fault of  most ebay sellers . this month may be my last.  this week is the worst week i have had in 13+ years. i have  several thousand items listed and like $950,000.00 + total price of all items listed  and only sold 7 items for little over $200 in sales since last sat.  i am one of the largest sellers on ebay with  the biggest and best selection of vintage items in my categorys but still a 1 man show .  but each month it just gets worse and i simply cannot continue to sell on ebay with sales as bad as they have become for me

something is so very wrong somewhere somehow.  i surely wish it would get solved or otherwise i will be forced to quit really soon like end the of the month.  really it is a shame that sellers have to quit over the lack of sales. but you cannot keep robbing peter to pay paul

ebay has forgot thier way and it may be jmho yes sellers are like at least 10% more important then buyers, you know why, if there is no sellers on ebay then there is no buyers either. to get buyers to the site you got to have sellers on the site too.

they can squeeze money from sellers, because even without buyers buying from the sellers they can like still string them along for a few months milking them dry before the seller quits. so really the seller is more important to them and thier wallet then buyers are.  really jmho its so bogus that anyone actually believes buyers are more important then the sellers who still have to pay ebay even if the seller does not make any sales. LOL  how i look at it, is people that give me money are more important to me then people who dont give me money

Bill Cobb describes critics as just 'bad sellers'.

JD Hoe describes critics as just 'noise-makers'.

So... business as usual. At least for the Ebay CHEERLEADERS and board of directors.

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Who KNOWS ??? yep its concerning slow sales

If I were eBay's top brass I would realize without customers and click traffic sales are dropping. Everyone is visiting the major competition for prime and social media instead. What to do? Run an ad campaign. Do away with .30 cent fees to list. Advertise its free to list on eBay. Will it bring a glut of new sellers and items. Yes maybe at first but it will also bring in more buyers and click traffic. They already changed shipping. It hasn't helped.

Message 46 of 121
latest reply

Each new sale brings in 20% revenue. Do away with .30 listing fees even if you have to charge 25% is my thought.

Message 47 of 121
latest reply

these days a lot of the things i purchase on a regular basis on ebay are shipped to me from amazon, so in many instances i looked up these items on amazon just to find that they are cheaper there, and the next time i shop for it i dont even bother looking for it on ebay.

Message 48 of 121
latest reply

@skatesave wrote:

Conspiracy theories abound.

My theory - eBay has no buyers.  That's as evident as seller throttling.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^   THIS!!!!

Ebay has become the bottom of the list destination for online shopping. Every seller that gets burned is a buyer lost, and every buyer that can't find what they are looking for due to a manipulated search moves on to friendlier waters.

Ebay needs to do something BIG to get potential buyers back to looking on ebay. Not just advertising, but something like a heavily advertised "treasure hunt" where various denominations of ebay bucks are planted throughout the site on various pages, waiting to be claimed by people looking, which is what we all need (sellers and ebay).

Until ebay does something to get people looking again, sales will continue to decline for all of us.

Message 49 of 121
latest reply

They are doing something, this new search technology is so bad that all the top executives will soon be fired and we will get a new CEO !!!!

Message 50 of 121
latest reply

You think? The last one to leave got a pretty hefty severance package.

Mr C
Message 51 of 121
latest reply

Just a matter of time now, Devin has done nothing but add to the misery left by Donahoe, the ship is sinking fast, he is not the man to turn eBay around.

Message 52 of 121
latest reply

@gonetoycrazy wrote:

...ebay has forgot thier way and it may be jmho yes sellers are like at least 10% more important then buyers, you know why, if there is no sellers on ebay then there is no buyers either. to get buyers to the site you got to have sellers on the site too.

This is the chicken and the egg argument all over again. I will agree with you that without sellers, eBay would not exist (I've yet to receive a invoice from eBay as a buyer).

With that being said, until eBay removes their search engine (Cassini) and put's in place a basic search engine like they had in the early days and give all sellers equal "airtime" (for lack of a better word), nothing is going to change. eBay insist's the know better what the buyer wants then the buyer themselves. It never ceases to amaze me that when I search for something, I get 10% of what I searched for and 90% of what I never had in the search terms to begin with. The new home page is all that much worse.

Message 53 of 121
latest reply

Everything is bad, I don't use mobile so I don't have a clue on what is going on there, but the regular site has been ruined, it was a much better site over 5 years ago, eBay has ruined the marketplace completely and returning product pages instead of search results will doom eBay.

Message 54 of 121
latest reply

Sorry but I'm not paying 20% of the FVF - I'd rather pay the 30 cent listing fee. If you can't afford to pay that then the item shouldn't be listed here. Go to one of the other sites with no listing fee.

You'll flood the market place and item prices will fall even farther and many of us already are working on small margins for many items. You'll have even more foreign sellers popping out of the wood as long as new sellers with no experience - alienating what buyers you have left with cancelling after the auction is completed, not describing faults, taking their time shipping ect.... Totally bad move in my opinion.

Message 55 of 121
latest reply

When I joined I think ebay gave me a little incentive of 10 FREE listings...Oh Mrs C...I get 10 free I was so delighted that ebay gave me that little bit to get started...you know the trial run kinda thing.

I then said...hey things are sellin Mrs C what do ya think...I can pay to list...she says then you better be sure it's gonna sell.

I said ok...gonna figure this sellin thing out and I will only risk what I am pretty certain will sell. I will then reinvest 40% of of sales back into it...she said go for it! (p.s. she knew hubby knew what he was doin...but hubby also asked...kinda a little secret there)

Every listing then had a calculated thought/thoughts behind it...oh bring back the 10 free pay for the rest days!

Mr C
Message 56 of 121
latest reply

it sad sad same here no sales in 3 days 

Message 57 of 121
latest reply

Mr.C:

The old days would be great, they would also mean that buyers would not purposely try to rip sellers off.

eBay has fostered a  Win/Win situation for only buyers and themselves, and has conveniently left out the 3rd side of the triangle, the seller.

I will probably leave eBay within the next year, not because I am an unhappy buyer, but because in those times that I try to sell, I am treated like an inhuman by eBay.  People can only stand inhumane treatment for so long that they must make a decision if they want to continue down that path or not.

Message 58 of 121
latest reply

If you where not hiding your items I think many of us can help you. It is not Ebay, it is not Amazon and it is not all the other things dreamt up by those who are not selling. There are thousands of sellers still doing fine today. Maybe not as good as 10 years ago but still getting buyers. Most who start threads like these are from sellers in the clothes, jewelry, shoes, sports card categories, are competing with China sellers, or are asking too much for their items with competition asking less. Which category are you in OP ?

There as as many buyers now as there was 5 years ago. Yes, it has declined from 10 years ago but since then no reduction. People are too eager to put Ebay at blame instead of looking at other possibilities. Buyers could care less about the problems between Ebay and sellers so that is not reason for buyers leaving.

Message 59 of 121
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

If you where not hiding your items I think many of us can help you. It is not Ebay, it is not Amazon and it is not all the other things dreamt up by those who are not selling. There are thousands of sellers still doing fine today. Maybe not as good as 10 years ago but still getting buyers. Most who start threads like these are from sellers in the clothes, jewelry, shoes, sports card categories, are competing with China sellers, or are asking too much for their items with competition asking less. Which category are you in OP ?

There as as many buyers now as there was 5 years ago. Yes, it has declined from 10 years ago but since then no reduction. People are too eager to put Ebay at blame instead of looking at other possibilities. Buyers could care less about the problems between Ebay and sellers so that is not reason for buyers leaving.

There is not one single seller of Sportscards in China, not one,  I have been in the category for 55 years.

The category has collapsed within itself due to every single collector deciding to be a seller in or about 2013-2014. Cards  that appeared  in triplicate listings in 2002, are now in the 20's & 30's when it comes to availabilty, and all from USA,  Canada, and Europe.

Message 60 of 121
latest reply