cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Seller Level Qualifies For....

Would someone please remind me, again, which seller level(s) qualifies for any Commercial Rate postage discounts through eBay? And do those discounts apply to all or only certain classes of shipping? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Which Seller Level Qualifies For....

All sellers pay the same prices for their eBay postage labels. We pay the Commercial rates for First Class and Priority Mail, and pay the online "Parcel Select Ground" rate rather than the "Retail Ground" rate (both of those services used to be known as Parcel Post).  We pay the same price for Media Mail as you would pay at the Post Office counter.

The only exception is that Top Rated Sellers pay the Commercial Plus rate for their Priority Mail labels rather than the regular Commercial Base rate, a savings of about 3%. But that difference will disappear on Sunday when the new USPS rates go into effect, because the new published rates are identical for Plus and Base.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you.

I was reading over the new USPS rate charts and noticed there is a commercial rate for Media Mail. It runs about $1.00 a pound (or thereabouts) less than retail. I wonder why this commercial rate is not also available. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I believe in that case the "commercial" rate is what you get when you use online labels, so it is available.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It requires presorting, and is thus suited only for individual larger shippers. We also don't get the other deeply-discounted presort rates.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

All sellers pay the same prices for their eBay postage labels. We pay the Commercial rates for First Class and Priority Mail, and pay the online "Parcel Select Ground" rate rather than the "Retail Ground" rate (both of those services used to be known as Parcel Post).  We pay the same price for Media Mail as you would pay at the Post Office counter.

The only exception is that Top Rated Sellers pay the Commercial Plus rate for their Priority Mail labels rather than the regular Commercial Base rate, a savings of about 3%. But that difference will disappear on Sunday when the new USPS rates go into effect, because the new published rates are identical for Plus and Base.

According to the blues on this week's chat they're "working on something for TRS". All I can say is that they better hurry up then, they only have until Sunday.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Disregard my reply then = )
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

It requires presorting, and is thus suited only for individual larger shippers. We also don't get the other deeply-discounted presort rates.

I see. Interesting. Thanks. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply