cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the promotion?

Ok, I'm about to pull my hair out...you know those promotions on some auctions that let buyers know if they buy a certain amount, shipping is free, etc, in nice big bold letters to the upper left of the auction page..well, I am trying to do the same but it only shows up after a buyer adds a bag to the shopping cart. I would like the promotion prominently displayed in my listing.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Where is the promotion?

Have you checked the BOTTOM of your listings?

eBay has tested and decided they show a better conversion rate by NOT prominently displaying your promotion at the top of the listing.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Where is the promotion?

I just checked...no, the only thing at the bottom of my bag listing is some Mandalay ad 😞

It appears the only time the promotion appears is if the buyer adds a bag to shopping cart..just, ugh..I added text in my auction listing letting buyers know there's a promotion, I've been at this for an hour or so thinking I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Where is the promotion?

Sorry it's not showing up for you. I mean what's the point of a promotion iof the promo isn't being shown to buyers?

I don't understand how eBay thinks, I swear.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Where is the promotion?

I am having the same problem.   It started for me when I ended my last promotion this past Thursday and launched a new one. 

(PAGE TOP)

"Buy 2, Get 1 FREE (add 3 to cart)"   <  This part is missing 

(MAIN PIC SHOWS HERE)

"Buy 2, Get 1 Free(add 3 to cart)"           < This part has been moved below the description

Items included: Entire Inventory                

banner of pictures showing all my eligible items included in the sale

From speaking with CS reps, eBay intentionally moved the main banner showing eligible items to below the item description, however, the initial "catch" above the main pic should still be there.   It's still there on tons of other sellers' listings!  So why is it missing from ours? 

To make matters worse,  I checked my listings on the app using a separate buying ID, and the link that normally appears on the mobile app advertising current promotions is completely gone from my listings!     I have been forced to use the seller notes and the item description to let mobile shoppers know I"m running a sale. 

The US rep I spoke yesterday said this is a known global issue, but it may be June 10th before there is a fix date.    It doesn't affect all sellers, only some.   Go figure, mine is one of them. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Where is the promotion?

eBay is still testing banner placement .  There was an update from a blue yesterday on the Technical Issues Board.  I copied and pasted the update:

I recommend that you work to provide the most valuable promotions that you can to have the best impact on your business. I’m not able to provide details on the banner position that is being tested but am happy to reassure you that we are always working to ensure that changes or updates provide the most benefit to our Community.

Not so good for meslight_frown

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Where is the promotion?

Many were displeased with banners at the bottom of listings.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply