Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where have all the sales gone!

Sales slow in May,How are your sales?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Where have all the sales gone!

68% down from last month, 3% up from last year.  This month has been bad.  I am blaming mothers day and the nice weather...need something to blame LOL.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

To China!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Have had 1 sale for may so far. Feb., March & april were also terrible for me, did less than $100 in sales all of those months, well below $100. Was hoping it would pick up again in may, not so far.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My sales were so bad (nothing in 3 weeks), I delisted my account and wrote a scathing letter to the execs.   I wasn't on Ebay for a long time.   I was on that A* site for a long time and then I came back to Ebay about 2-3 years ago and was getting sales so  good that I was shipping out every weekend.  I could walk in the door and KNOW there was a sale.  Didn't mind paying the invoice.  Never missed an invoice payment.  And this year was the first time that I saw 0 funds in Paypal to pay the invoice.

And then this year -- nothing.  So slow I could scream.  So I delisted.

Now -- I'm getting more sales at the A* site (I can't name it bec. they will ban me).  I like you wish Ebay would get it together.  Maybe they should repurchase ebayclassifieds.com.  At least that site was free.

What I found when I stepped aside and started listing at other sites, was the time it took to list on those other sites was half the time it took here.  Picture taking, uploading, describing, choosing optiosn between auction / BIN, where to ship, how much to charge.

* Exhausting *

@antium385 wrote:

Sales slow in May,How are your sales?

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

THIS IS JUST A PERSONAL OPINION OVER HERE: We think ebay should split up into several different sites. Ebaymotors, done. Ebaycollect, needs to be done. Ebaytoys, needs to be done. ebayclothes, needs to be done. Ebaywholesale, needs to be done. A whole bunch of different dot coms with different set ups to benefit the DIFFERENT SELLING CATEGORIES!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Totally agree!!!!  Even A*Z has gotten toooooo big to do a decent search.  I have to google stuff to find it on A*Z (I can't name it because I'll be banned).

The reason you make sense is because there are DEDICATED sites just for clothing, for cars, etc.  Etailers like EB cannot continue to be this huge rummage sale-department store and carry everything.

Maybe too, they should put a floor on how much you start your pricing.  A*Z hiked its book fees so high that 1c book sellers are gone!!!!

@tkinnebrew wrote:
THIS IS JUST A PERSONAL OPINION OVER HERE: We think ebay should split up into several different sites. Ebaymotors, done. Ebaycollect, needs to be done. Ebaytoys, needs to be done. ebayclothes, needs to be done. Ebaywholesale, needs to be done. A whole bunch of different dot coms with different set ups to benefit the DIFFERENT SELLING CATEGORIES!

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 7 of 7
latest reply