cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When valued customer on the line, press 1. Sorry sir back office has denied your appeal to lift the

When valued customer on the line, press 1. Sorry sir back office has denied your appeal to lift the restriction. It doesnt matter that you are top rated seller and have a good standing account. The system found the link between your account and other account. Therefore as a precaution that the other accounts owner who is restricted would not be able to sell on ebay, because it would breach ebay policies, your account is restricted. We acknowledge that you are not responsible for the other account and that you are two persons, adults. And we do not expect you personally to solve other accounts issue. However, if you want your account to be opened you have to reach out to other accounts holder and speak with them. But miss, I am unable to contact other person, you are forcing me to do what Is impossible. I understand, but I am not forcing you, but until the other accounts owner solves the issue with their account you will remain restricted. Can I close my account? no. but in three years of selling I always had a good standing account. Doesn't matter, its a precaution. Bye

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

When valued customer on the line, press 1. Sorry sir back office has denied your appeal to lift the

what? if you cant explain better, then no one can help you.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

not looking for help. Just sharing experience. Unless you know the phone number of back office(er)?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

eBay connected you to a suspended/banned seller.  That's a really tough obstacle to oversome.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

This is the case. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@*eponymous*wrote:

eBay connected you to a suspended/banned seller.  That's a really tough obstacle to oversome.

And even if the other seller was banned for not paying their fees, even if they paid the fees they(and you) would still be suspended.

Did they give you any breadcrumbs to follow insofar as the other seller's username?

Offer to pay what's owed and see what they say...

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Not always!

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

It's always dangerous when we use the same account, the same computer, etc. as ANYONE else as that seems to link us together, and then....  how to tell who is beautiful and perfect, and who creates the sin?

I don't use anybody else's computers for my work and don't let any others do eBay ANYTHING on mine.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Wonder if you sold/gave away your old computer, if it would link to you if the new owner sold on ebay?

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

LOL   I have no idea.   I know so little about computers that I'm paranoid that anybody touching them might give them a germ.   Smiley Very Happy

Plus, I use mine until they are dead, dead, dead.   I went from Windows XP straight into Windows 10 only because the XP was pretty much reduced to just skeletal bones and dust.  

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@*eponymous*wrote:

Did they give you any breadcrumbs to follow insofar as the other seller's username?

Offer to pay what's owed and see what they say...

Nope. Under no circumstances do this. It'll generate a "See? We KNEW it was you all along!" response and you'll still be just as banned, only poorer.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

This might not be related to the main point... but why wouldn't you be able to close your account? Are ebay accounts not closeable in general and just have to sit in limbo?

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

"Valued customer"  mmmmkay?

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@porcupid_63

PP has a 180 day return policy, so you can't close until any sales fall off that window.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply