cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Sellers use the "Make Offer" to Buyers watching an item - caution.......

Today I used the seller make offer feature for watchers on several items in my store.  I rec'd an acceptance. Immediately, the buyer messaged me that they were a fellow seller who had the same item for sale in their store and had my item on their watch list - they accepted my offer by mistake. 

The buyer requested to cancel. I messaged them and told the buyer I understood  - no problem and cancelled the sale. 

It occured to me that this is a pretty easy mistake to make if you are a seller "watching" other sellers items that you also have up for sale.  You get an "offer" and think that it is someone offering to purchase something from your store when in reality it is a fellow seller making an offer to you on their item.

Just wanted to share.  To avoid this myself, I am going to be careful about items I watch to make sure I don't make the same error myself. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: When Sellers use the "Make Offer" to Buyers watching an item - caution.......

It is confusing  It just happened to me. And the item was something I had only looked at while researching something I wanted to sell.  It wasn't even in my "watch" list. I had no idea hat sellers could tell who had viewed their item.  It really made me feel preyed upon. I spend a whole lot of money on eBay but I am more uncomfortable with them every time I use their service.  I feel it's a terrible option. I was able to get it cancelled.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: When Sellers use the "Make Offer" to Buyers watching an item - caution.......

It just happened to me exactly as you described.  I am dumbfounded by the whole thing. And the item wasn't even in my "watching" section.  Really bad option in my opinion. I was able to get it cancelled. Ebay is getting too confusing. I really feel preyed upon after this.  

Message 17 of 17
latest reply