cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

It's not my job to report over 50 auctions for adult sized woman's kimono's when I do I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gowns".   I reported a few of them, but I want to get paid for reporting offenders.  Or get some kind of discount on my final value fees for selling.  

Ebay, can you possibly clean up the vintage barbie category with incorrect details?  Some sellers have over 10 to 15 violations currently.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

@simba6  Wrong. Please do not post inaccurate info. Everyone who checked for the OP saw no Kimono's.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

In Advanced Search, I entered your search terms as given, and then selected the "Dolls and Bears" Category, and I saw no adult clothing items. 

This was the result:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Vintage+Barbie+Wedding+Gowns&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=237&LH_Tit...

I did a second search in All Categories, but excluded the words kimono, adult, womens:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Vintage+Barbie+Wedding+Gowns&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=kimono+a...

-

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

I just used

Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown

and got no kimonos .......

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fsrp=1&_nkw=Vintage+Barbie+Wedding+Gown&_oaa=1

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

...  Ebay, can you possibly clean up the vintage barbie category with incorrect details?  Some sellers have over 10 to 15 violations currently.

By the way, you do know that you're not addressing eBay when you post to these discussion boards, right?   It's just member-to-member here.

-

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

The Whole Item Specifics Is A MESS, Seems like everyone has a different Specific they type in, & some get what they are looking for & MANY do not!

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I just did a generic best match (default) search for vintage barbie wedding gown, looks okay to me. I don't see any kimonos.

I posted the entire search results page but I guess the image was too big, it was cut off.  There was no adult clothing of any type in the results I got.

screenshot.png

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Wait, what?  You're reporting other sellers because of flaws in the search function?  And you'd like to be reimbursed for these efforts?  This one goes in the Hall of Fame.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

It's not the seller's doing.  It's the eBay search and it always brings up stuff your not looking for. 

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Strange.  Went to Dolls & Bears, selected Best Match, searched for Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown.  There are 784 listings under this category.  Went through about the first 4-5 pages and saw nothing except Barbie wedding gowns, some lots that included a Barbie wedding gown and that's all.  

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

I just did the same search and found Klaus Barbie in a ..........

KlausBarbie.jpg

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

"It's not my job to report over 50 auctions for adult sized woman's kimono's when I do I search for 'Vintage Barbie Wedding Gowns'.   I reported a few of them, but I want to get paid for reporting offenders.  Or get some kind of discount on my final value fees for selling."

I think my jaw has permanently dislocated.  It's been on the floor too long.  

You don't want eBay, lady.  You want Santa Claus.  

Or maybe move to a state where vigilantism (for certain activities) is currently accepted and can be compensated through the courts.  But selling on eBay is not one of those activities.  

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

I reported a few of them, but I want to get paid for reporting offenders.

But I like Barbies in Adult Kimonos.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:
Ebay, can you possibly clean up the vintage barbie category with incorrect details?  Some sellers have over 10 to 15 violations currently”

It is not clear what you reported them for. Are you saying these sellers incorrectly put their kimono listings under the doll category? That seems unlikely. Just the presence of unrelated listings in your Barbie search results is not evidence of sellers violating policy. It is evidence of eBay’s manipulation of search results.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

Well, I executed your search - no kimonos were included.  Even if there were, I don’t see a reason to report the listings.  

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

I will help you learn to search. First off when you type vintage Barbie wedding gown, a popup will show up right under the search bar. Click the link that says the correct category. DOLLS, CLOTHING, AND ACCESSORIES. You will not see a single adult women's kimono. Secondly if you skip the word vintage you will find a whole bunch more because half the sellers do not put vintage in their titles.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply