cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck??! eBay doesn't do ANYTHING to non-paying buyers anymore???

So I am just now seeing, due to a non-paying buyer, that eBay will not even try to resolve/force them to purchase items they won anymore. You, as a seller, have only one option now when it comes to non-paying buyers: you have to cancel the listing and relist. 

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? Why did it happen?? This is trash. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: What the heck??! eBay doesn't do ANYTHING to non-paying buyers anymore???

I cancel after 48 hours and leave feedback of order cancelled    I guess that is okay

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Can I say "BUYER DID NOT PAY" in the "positive" feedback comment when I leave it? Or will eBay reprimand me? 

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

No -- because that would be negative wording in a positive FB and the buyer can contact eBay and get it removed and you will possibly earn yourself a defect.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

I leave the truth so that is not a negative if the BUYER DID NOT PAY.

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

@downunder-61 

Oh, good grief. I see that now. Apologies for misreading your statement!

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

@cordell1 wrote:

I leave the truth so that is not a negative if the BUYER DID NOT PAY.

All the buyer has to do is call eBay Customer Service. The rep will remove those kinds of comments immediately, and, as @soh.maryl posted, the seller may be hearing from eBay regarding leaving a negative remark in a positive feedback comment. They take that very seriously.

I would never purchase from a seller who violated that feedback policy. Ever.

P.S. "The truth" is not always "positive." Not sure how you came to that conclusion . . .

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

I have seen a positive with a negative comment in one’s feedback. 

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

@vintageaficionados 

Yes. Of course it CAN be done.

The point is that it MAY not be done.

People run red lights all the time. It CAN be done.

But if they are caught doing it (by a cop, or in this situation the buyer notices it) there is a penalty. It MAY not be done.

The buyer in your instance may not have noticed it, since her FB remains at 100%, or she may have realized it was unimportant, since her FB remains at 100%.

No one will ever read it because ALL buyer FB is 100%.

What sellers look at is Feedback Left For Others, which can show signs of scamming or of vindictiveness.

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

That probably means the buyer didn't know he could get it removed by contacting eBay.  

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

Non payment is rampant.  It is so frustrating as a seller and I doubt that strikes mean anything to restrict bidding.  I would like to see a notation on the non paying bidder’s feedback of how many times an order had to be cancelled.  No interaction between buyer and seller and no negative…just a notation so the seller can decide if they want to allow that bidder or not.  Best solution would be to have buyer’s credit cards on file and when you win it auto pays…that would solve the non payment issues instantly.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Dont do auctions don’t deal with offers. You just wonder why ebay has these things. I don’t believe anyone in ebays c suite ever sold anything on ebay. Ask no questions because you won’t get answers.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

eBay is lazy and has made it easy now for bad buyers and scammers. 

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

@mikeandm85 

This thread is 3 years old and will no doubt be locked. The OP doesn't appear to be selling currently in over a year, so it's unlikely they'll reply.   Should you have any questions or concerns, it's always a good idea to open your own thread to get the help & advice you need for your specific issues.  

Happy Selling

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply