cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What software/tools/etc do you prefer to use to submit your own taxes as a reseller on eBay?

Hi!  Quick question for anyone that submits their own taxes as a reseller on eBay.  I'm a casual reseller and I've sold on eBay off and on for a few years and have had an accountant do my taxes in the past.  I've always been really good at keeping track of all of my financial numbers, so my accountant simply has to just enter my final numbers in.  Last year I sold very little, so it would be a good year for me to try to submit my own taxes since there's less to worry about numbers-wise.  I don't need tabulation software, since I already kept track of all my financial numbers.  I just need something to help me submit my final numbers.  Anyone have any recommendations for what you use to submit your own taxes?  Do you use a software to submit your taxes?  Or do you do it another way?  Any advice is much appreciated.  Looking forward to doing this myself for once.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What software/tools/etc do you prefer to use to submit your own taxes as a reseller on eBay?

I use TurboTax Home and Business.  It walks you through everything.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I've always used TurboTax, I find it very user-friendly.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

My accountant dumped me this year. They have a staffing shortage and I got shorted. So, I will be trying TurboTax this year. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

After seeing how our tax preparer has filed for us in years past, this is the first year my wife and I will be using TurboTax Home & Business for our two businesses. It's time we did it ourselves, so we picked it up at our local Costco for $75.00. 

Cheers, Duffy

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote: ... we picked it up at our local Costco for $75.00. 

Cheers, Duffy

You can also just use their web site.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Cash App!!!

It's incredibly easy. Just as easy as turbotax. I switched when they stopped having the free TurboTax for low income.  Cash app is completely free.  And soooo user frendly.

I filed on Tuesday and it took an hour.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Been using Turbo Tax since it first started, many preparers have tried to tell me they could get me more money etc., but that has never happened. 

One of the things I like about TT is they store 7 years of data so you can go back and look at stuff without having to hunt stuff down.  I have never had an issue with their CS and their help articles are usually on point.   

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

A pen to write with, scraps of paper to make notes and a tax form to enter the final numbers.

For the eBay portion of my reporting I run a Transaction Report, massage in Excel and I have all the most important numbers I need once combined with non-eBay expenses, cost of goods etc.

The tax forms for the average sole proprietorship operating on eBay are really pretty simple if you already have all the numbers.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

We use TaxAct, though not specifically b/c of eBay. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I've used FreeTax USA https://www.freetaxusa.com/ for years. Very easy to use, free for federal tax and small charge for state. I pay for the state return even though I can file for free in my state because I like the site so much.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I used CreditKarma last year. Free to use including a schedule C.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I Use An Accountant For Business Taxes

Message 13 of 13
latest reply