cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the Order Cutoff time for 1-day handling?

For 1-day handling (not Same Day), what's the cutoff time for orders?

If the Seller ships to USA only  Buyer is in HI, 6 hours behind East Coast time, and the buyer orders at  11:50 PM HI time on the 4th (5:50AM on the 5th in NY), is the Ship By date the 5th? (11:59PM west coast time)

Thanks in advance for staying on topic and for writing clear responses. 

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

stoneledge wrote:

For 1-day handling (not Same Day), what's the cutoff time for orders?

If the Seller ships to USA only  Buyer is in HI, 6 hours behind East Coast time, and the buyer orders at  11:50 PM HI time on the 4th (5:50AM on the 5th in NY), is the Ship By date the 5th?

Thanks in advance for staying on topic and for writing clear responses. 

Our timeclock for buy/sell transactions is set at Pacific (eBay) time. 

So in your example, Hawaii is beyond the Pacific time zone, therefore his purchase came in on the 5th (not the 4th) for both eBay's calculations, and yours.  You would have until midnight (Pacific time) on the 6th to get the package out/accepted by USPS.  (If you are referring to the acceptance scan time, itself.)

Basically, I don't worry about the exact times... just that any sales I wake up to, and any that came in yesterday after mail went out, and any that come in today until mail gets picked up again, goes out today.  Anything that misses today's outgoing, gets done up and goes out in tomorrow outgoing.  That always works out to be same day or 1-day handling/shipping (at the longest) for me.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Where is the one setting for your "buy/sell transactions time?"

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

Where is the one setting for your "buy/sell transactions time?"

When mistwoman said "our," she didn't mean herself personally. She meant "all eBay sellers on ebay.com, i.e., the US site."  It's not an optional setting.  If you are based in the US, then the cutoff time is midnight Pacific time regardless of your location or the buyer's.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Yes, thank you.  Smiley Very Happy

Our, as in *all USA members* are held to the Pacific time zone. 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Thanks.  

So on the East Coast I can expect to receive orders from midnight til 2:59AM ET that require that I ship same day (for me) for 1-Day handling listings.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Yep.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Thanks. 

Next Question.

If the Date Sold is Sep 24 and the Date Paid is Sep 25 on the Seller Hub Manage Orders page,  what will the be the Ship By Date in the Actions Column?  

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

The handling time clock starts ticking when the payment clears.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

and?
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Next Question.

If the Date Sold is Sep 24 and the Date Paid is Sep 25 on the Seller Hub Manage Orders page,  what will the Ship By Date in the Actions Column be?  

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

Next Question.

If the Date Sold is Sep 24 and the Date Paid is Sep 25 on the Seller Hub Manage Orders page,  what will the Ship By Date in the Actions Column be?  

Given the information you've received and the statement you've answered "and?" to, what do you think it is?

Teach a man to fish and all that...

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@pantlandia wrote:

Teach a man to fish and all that...

and he'll sit in his boat and drink beer all day!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I would guess if you are after the West Coast time, you are fine, but if you are ahead, that's where the 2 hours screw the late track up.

I have been told by ebay reps that 1 day means that you must have the package label printed out by 12 am the next day and have it reach them by the delivery time shown in the listing or print out same or next day and scanned by then. 

If you are going to put a seller performance base for everyone, it should be fair across the board. That's my point. I shouldn't be penalized by 2 hours or 3 if you live in the East Coast

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

If the Date Sold is Sep 24 and the Date Paid is Sep 25 on the Seller Hub Manage Orders page,  what will the be the Ship By Date in the Actions Column?  

Message 15 of 33
latest reply