cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your Opinion

What's your opinion or experience regarding putting the word "postcard" in the title of an item listed in the postcard category?  Is it necessary?  Does it help?  I looked over solds through Terapeak, most have "postcard" in the title but some don't.

Example titles

1908 Postcard Delaware Railroad Company Building the Johnson County Bridge

or

1908 Delaware Railroad Company Building the Johnson County Bridge

Thank you for your insights.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: What's Your Opinion

@cardxcraft   I just did a couple of tests using your Budweiser postcard, but searched for Pabst due to the spelling error & also the Zeppelin one & it SEEMS my prelimary results show it makes no difference.  I would hesitate to say this is true across the board without a LOT more testing.  But, in postcards, it appears not to matter. 

I'll have to find some time to test it in my categories.  Would sure save me a lot of title space if I didn't have to use the main category kw's. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@cardxcraft wrote:

What's your opinion or experience regarding putting the word "postcard" in the title of an item listed in the postcard category?  Is it necessary?  Does it help?  I looked over solds through Terapeak, most have "postcard" in the title but some don't.

Example titles

1908 Postcard Delaware Railroad Company Building the Johnson County Bridge

or

1908 Delaware Railroad Company Building the Johnson County Bridge

Thank you for your insights.

I have 3200 listings that say "postcard" in the title.

It's probably redundant since if you search for a postcard it will search your terms plus the postcard category (that tends to be my take on searching for stamps when I haven't put stamp in the title, or I'm looking for someone else's stamps that don't say stamp in the title).

I see the title as advertising though, so when someone is scanning through my listings and not looking in the postcard category, they will know the picture they are looking at is that of a postcard. Not every person searching will be looking in the correct category to find items.

C.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for budweiser check...I left off the letter d.  

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Why not do both?

Put a hundred up without the word ... and watch.

What happens?

Sales better?   Worse?

Then if you have duplicates ... list the twins.

One with.   One without.

YOU can answer your own question in about ... three months.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply